The DAR Rapid Transit Agency ( DART )was established by the Government Notice Number 120 of 2007 under the Executive Agency Act No 30 of 1997 to improve effectiveness in addressing the transport constraints faced by the Dar es Salaam City. Specifically the Agency was established for the purpose of planning, coordinating, and facilitating the provision of Urban Transport facilities and services so as to ensure improved traffic management in the Dar es Salaam City.
To meet its mandate of facilitating the provision of quality and rapid mass transport system in efficient, sustainable and cost effective manner, the Agency invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanian Citizens to fill in the following positions in different divisions within the Agency.
1.5 DRIVER II – 4 POSTS
1.5.1 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for driving cars and buses as well as other motor machines.
• Ensure that fuel, Oil, water, tyres and the general state of vehicle has been checked before use.
• Ensure the car is clean and well maintain
• Provide driving services to DART staff.
• Render transport services from DART offices to other offices, BRT Stations/ terminals during supervisory routes.
• Maintain the log-book for each and every trip.
• Ensure that the vehicle is serviced as per the Agency plann.
• Carry out minor repairs if the vehicle breaks down.
• Report for major repairs to his/her supervisor.
1.5.2 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Secondary School Education Certificate.
• Certificate of driving training from recorgnized institutions by the Government of Tanzania.
• Possess ‘trade test’ Grade III (mechanics), with not less than two years of class “C” driving experience.
• Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s Salary Scale TGS A.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant academic certificates:
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
– Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
– Computer Certificate
– Professional certificates from respective boards
– Recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
v. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vi. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
vii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
viii. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
ix. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
x. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xi. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiv. Deadline for application is 08th October, 2015
xv. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvi. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xviii. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
i. Maombi yote yatumwe kwenye mfumo wa kielektroniki wa Ajira (Recruitment Portal) kupitia anuani ifuatayo;
(Anuani hii pia inapatikana kwenye tovuti ya Sektretarieti ya ajira kwa kuingia sehemu iliyoandikwa ‘Recruitment Portal’)
xix. Kwa waombaji ambao majina ya vyuo na kozi zao hazipo kwenye mfumo wanatakiwa kuandika majina ya vyuo vya na kozi kwa kirefu
Mfano; Chuo: MWALIMU NYERERERE MEMORIAL ACADEMY
Kozi: BACHELOR DEGREE IN COMMUNITY