Joram Kamau Tuskys Foundation
Joram Kamau Tuskys Foundation (JKFT) is a Public Charitable Trust whose mandate is to Empower Communities for transformed lives.
The foundation has the following position to fill:
Reporting: Administration Assistant.
Summary: The Driver will be responsible for Driving and ensuring proper maintenance of Company Vehicles as per the Foundations policies.
- Drive at a speed that is adjusted to the road and weather conditions, and to drive with consideration for the safety of the passengers, other road users, the load, and the technical state of the vehicle. Successful candidate will also be tasked with finding the most direct routing over the best available roads to the destination and drive safely by abiding by traffic signals, rules and regulations
- Run office errands such as message/equipment delivery, documents picking-up and collecting mail from post office and other as assigned by the supervisor
- To ensure the safe parking, of the Company vehicle at night, during breaks (day time) and when it is not in use.
- Conduct day to day maintenance of the vehicle, including but not limited to checking oil, water, battery, break system and tyres also ensure the vehicle is clean and is in the best working condition.
- Prepare preparation of vehicle report on a weekly and monthly/on need basis and ensure it is as per the organizations guidelines. Reporting will include but will not be limited to maintaining the vehicle logs for all trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, necessary repairs required, etc.
- Ensure that the vehicle is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the supervisor.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of accident or theft of Vehicle
- To verify the presence at all time in the car of the vehicle log book, discharge of responsibility forms, the tools and spare parts as mentioned and signed for by him/her in the log book, a complete first aid kit and spare tyre(s) in good condition
- Maintain a current driving license for self and advise the Administrative Assistant when the project vehicle licenses are due for renewal, appropriate inspections and registrations for vehicles.
- Ensure that the passengers adhere to the traffic rules and regulations e.g. wearing seat belts
Competencies, Skills and Attributes:
- Should have a good understanding of the business environment and the impact their behavior has on the reputation of the organization
- Trustworthy, Treats colleagues and customers in a manner which demonstrates integrity, honesty and fairness
- Good communicator and sound report-writing skills will be an added advantage.
- Should be quick in understanding, keen in taking instructions, and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be presentable in appearance and well groomed all the time
- Knowledge of counties and its surrounding areas where JKT Foundation will have presence, streets neighbourhoods, airports and government offices.
- Able to report to work and maintain time schedule and work extra hours as needed.
Academic Qualifications, Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Must be a holder of a K.C.S.E certificate.
- Diploma in Business Administration or any other related field will be an added advantage.
- Skilled and experienced driver with a clean and valid driving license of classes B, C, and E; and Certificate of Good Conduct (not more than 6 months old). Applicant must have a history that is clean of any responsibility for careless driving
- Should have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in driving Heavy Commercial vehicles.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an office environment.
- Must possess basic computer skills especially in word processing and spreadsheets.
- Good inter-personal, communication skills(English language knowledge is a must)
- Possession of a certificate in Motor Vehicle Mechanics will be an added advantage
- Basic knowledge of First Aid.
How to Apply
- Interested Candidates should send their CV, application letter together with a scanned Police Certificate of Good Conduct, and a scanned Driving License to [email protected] not later than 29th April 2016, at 5:00pm
- Applicants to indicate the Job title on the email subject line.
- Please also indicate your current and expected salary.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.