The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG) is an independent Office established under Article 229 of the Constitution of Kenya. The Office is charged with the primary oversight role of ensuring accountability in the use of public resources within the three arms of government (the Legislature, the Judiciary and the Executive) as well as the Constitutional Commissions, Independent Office and any entity that is funded from public funds.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following positions:-
Motor Vehicle Driver GRADE OAG 11 (15 Posts)
JOB REF.NO CS/MVD/01/05/2016
Purpose of the job:
- Officers at this level will be deployed to drive OAG vehicles in the Headquarters and other OAG Offices
located in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kakamega, Nyeri, Embu, Bungoma and Garissa.
Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized.
- Carry out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure etc.
- Detect and report malfunctioning of vehicle systems.
- Proper maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned.
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road including safety of passengers and / or goods therein.
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management.
Requirements for Driver Job
Suitable candidates MUST have the following minimum qualifications:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (Mean Grade D+) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsements for classes of vehicles BCE.
- Suitability Test for Drivers Grade III conducted by the Ministry of Roads and Public Works.
- Attended a First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one week at St. John’s Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building
- Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution.
- Valid clearance certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- At least two years’ driving experience
How to Apply
- Applications together with a detailed resume, scanned copies of professional and academic Certificates, other testimonials and National Identification card should be submitted to the e – mail address shown against each of the vacancies on or before October 5th, 2016 addressed to:
- Auditor –General Office of the Auditor General P. O. Box 30084-00100 Nairobi, Kenya. Applications must have daytime telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees from the previous employers. Hard copies will not be accepted except for the positions of Clerical Officer, Motor Vehicle Driver and Office Assistant where applications should be posted to the above address or dropped at the Reception of the Office of the Auditor – General Headquarters based on the 3rd Floor at Anniversary Towers – Nairobi.
- Note It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents in the applications. Applicants for Advertisement Numbers 1-3 should seek clearance from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), and Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) copies of which should be attached to the applications.