Aga Khan Health Services: With community health programmes in large geographical areas in Central and South Asia, as well as East Africa, and more than 200 health facilities including nine hospitals, the Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) is one of the most comprehensive private not-for-profit health care systems in the developing world. Building on the Ismaili Community’s health care efforts in the first half of the 20th century, AKHS now provides primary health care and curative medical care in Afghanistan, India, Kenya, Pakistan, and Tanzania, and provides technical assistance to government in health service delivery in Kenya, Syria and Tajikistan.
The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu is an institution of the Aga Khan Health Service, Kenya which is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network. The Hospital is part of a Network of health facilities, which includes Hospitals and Outreach health facilities across East Africa. The Aga Khan Hospital Kisumu is in an exciting growth phase and has attained acknowledgment of its quality by achieving ISO 9001:2008 certification and ISO 15189:2012 accreditation for laboratory services. The Aga Khan Hospital, Kisumu has also expanded its services to Kisii, Kakamega, Kitale, Bungoma, Kericho, Busia and Homa-Bay Counties. The Hospital is seeking dynamic and qualified health professional for the recently funded Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health project that started in April 2016 in Kisii.
The team is expected to take lead in implementing the objectives of the five year Access to Quality Care through Extending and Strengthening Health Systems (AQCESS) Project in Kenya. AQCESS is a multi-country project of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), funded by the Global Affairs Canada and Aga Khan Foundation, Canada.
The project seeks to improve health outcomes of women of reproductive age and children by enhancing the availability and utilization of essential health services for pregnant women, newborns and children under age of five and improving the quality of these services. The team will be responsible for the implementation of the project in the sub county of Bomachoge- Borabu in Kisii County.
Responsibilities for the Driver Job
- Responsible for the hospital vehicles.
- Responsible for transporting persons attached to the project or goods to designated areas.
- Pick up and transport employees according to requests, appointments or schedules.
- Responsible for the fleet maintenance and servicing.
- Report all accidents or incidents as and when they occur.
Driver Job Qualifications
- Minimum KCSE certificate.
- Possess a valid driving license classes BCE.
- Minimum two years driving experience.
- Valid certificate of good conduct.
- Good knowledge of the Highway Code and other Kenya traffic laws applicable to commercial operations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above qualifications are expected to apply through this link. Deadline is 30th November 2016.