Driver Job at The ICT Authority
The Government of Kenya has received financing from the World Bank toward the East Africa Regional Transport, Trade and Development Facilitation (EARTTDF). The ICT Authority under the Ministry of Information Communications and Technology serves as the implementing agency for the project and now invites suitable candidates for the position below.
Driver REF: ICTA/EARTTDFP/DRV/01/2016-2017 (Two positions)
The Project would like to recruit Drivers who will be ferrying officers for inspection of works to various destinations of the project.
Key tasks of the Driver(s)
- Driving assigned vehicle(s)
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle(s)
- Detecting and reporting any malfunctions of the vehicle system
- Maintain daily log of trips made
- Ensure all trips are authorized by the Supervisor
- Maintenance of work ticket(s) for assigned vehicle
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicles at all times
- Communicate on external servicing at least 1 month before due date
- Give notice of vehicle insurance expiry 2 months before due date
Qualifications for Driver Job
- KCSE mean grade D or its equivalent
- Valid drivers’ license
- Have served as a driver for at least 3 years preferably in an organization
- Understand the basics of vehicle maintenance
- Valid certificate of good conduct from Kenya Police
- Knowledge of Government of Kenya vehicle regulations
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High level of reliability and integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- The contract is for a period of 1 year renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
How to Apply
- The position is open to all Kenyans eligible that meet stipulated minimum qualification criteria in the job description. Applications accompanied with detailed CVs and certified copies of relevant documents and testimonials should be submitted in a plain sealed envelope clearly marked the position and
- Reference Number to the address below:
- THE Ag. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, ICT AUTHORITY, 12TH Floor Teleposta Towers- Kenyatta Avenue P.O. BOX 27150 – 00100, NAIROBI, KENYA.
- Or sent through email: [email protected] the email should indicate position applied for and reference number.
- and placed in a Box marked(RECRUITMENT) situated at ICT Authority Entrance, 12th floor Teleposta Towers or mailed so as to reach the above address on or August 31st 2016, at 5pm East African Time.