The International Labour Organization ILO is a specialized agency of the United Nations, whose primary goal is to promote opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive work in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity and creating jobs of acceptable quality.
The Driver will report to the Administrative Assistant and work under the overall supervision of the Chief Technical Officer
Driver Job Responsibilities
- Drive authorized personnel as directed, ensuring strict adherence to traffic rules and regulations including speed limits.
- Deliver, collect mail, documents and other items as instructed.
- Ensure logistical arrangements for cargo and other items going to and from Somali offices
- Performs clerical work related to administrative services such as sorting, filing, photocopying, binding and scanning as required.
- Take responsibility for delegated management of logistical arrangements for people, goods and services to support the delivery of the office work
- Meet and escort ILO officials to and from the airport, their place of residence and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required ensuring all officials are able to meet their respective timetables ensuring all records are kept accordingly
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes and tyres.
- Make sure vehicles technically ready prior to departure for field trips.
- Keep record of official trips, daily mileage in the log sheet, record fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing and other services.
- Ensure the service schedule is met and adhered to as preventive maintenance undertaken
- Perform minor repairs and arrange for major repairs and ensures vehicles are kept clean at all times.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Keep a high degree of confidentially and discreteness in discussions and travels, which involves ILO and its officials.
- Allow only authorized personnel and goods in the assigned vehicle.
- Be well presented in order to reflect a good image of the ILO at all times.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications for the Driver Job
- Successful completion of Primary Education
- Possession of a valid driving licence class B, C, E, demonstrable knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Advanced driving course an asset
- Training and driver support skills an asset
- Four years’ work experience as a driver with a safe driving record.
- Capability to speak the language in the assigned duty station
- A high level of driving and vehicle maintenance skills.
- Demonstrable capability to manage logistics and offer reliable support to the functioning of a complex office working across Kenya and Somalia
- Demonstrable ability to listen and take up communicated directions and ability to clearly articulate logistical arrangements for others to ensure completion of designated tasks
- Good knowledge of the local languages. Knowledge of the working language of the duty station.
- Proven ability to keep accurate records and take necessary actions from examining the records.
- Proven ability to drive safely and efficiently
- Capability to manage logistics taking initiative ensure effective and efficient office functioning.
- Demonstrable ability to take initiatives.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are invited to send their applications on email to [email protected].
Applications later than Monday 30th January 2017 will not be accepted and only short listed candidates will be contacted.