Direct Reports to:- Senior Administrative Officer
The transport function basically involves driving duties; routine checks and maintenance of the vehicle; maintenance of work tickets; detecting and reporting any malfunctioning of the vehicle’s systems; security of the vehicle on and off the road; safety of passengers and/or goods; carrying authorized passengers and/or goods; cleanliness and overall vehicle maintenance and management; scheduling of vehicles for official transport duties; and insurance of vehicles.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Driver Job
- Demonstrate safety to own passengers, occupants of other vehicles and other road users including pedestrians.
- Work according to schedules in work-tickets. No unauthorized journeys and deviations.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is kept clean at all times.
- Check the levels of fluids in the vehicle – water, engine oil, brake fluid, fuel, transmission oil – and top them as necessary.
- Report vehicle defects for repair; and ensure that the vehicle is serviced as scheduled.
- Take all necessary actions to ensure that the vehicle is safe and secure at all times.
- Ensure that goods are transported securely and delivered timely. No unauthorized goods/passengers.
Driver Job Requirement
- Served as driver for a minimum period of not less than three (3) years;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the officer is required to drive;
- A certificate of good conduct;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results
How to Apply
Those employees who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply. Applications must be accompanied by current curriculum vitae, giving details of educational and professional qualifications and addressed to the undersigned. Applicants Must also indicate their current and expected salaries. The applicants should clearly indicate the position being applied for .Applications should be received not later than 11th November 2016. MANAGING DIRECTOR KENYA INDUSTRIAL EASTATES LTD, P.O. Box 78029-00507, NAIROBI. Email :[email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.KIE is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and Gender Equity.