Driver Jobs at National Crime Research Centre (2 Posts)
Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate the vehicle and detect and report common faults.
- Keep the vehicle clean.
- Carry out minor repairs including oiling and greasing.
- Maintain the work ticket for vehicles assigned to him.
- Ensure safety of the vehicle on and off the road.
- Ensure he has possession of all the requisite documents for any specific journey.
- Collect and deliver mail.
Qualifications for Driver Job
- For appointment to this grade, the candidate must have;
- Adequate knowledge of the Highway Code.
- At least three (3) years driving experience.
- Possession of a PSV certificate.
- At least a mean grade C- in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its recognized equivalent
- Shown merit and ability in driving and simple maintenance of a vehicle for at least three (3) years in the grade of Driver II Grade 10 or its equivalent.
- Passed the Kenya Government Occupational Test grade II.
- A certificate of good conduct.
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for the Class(es) of vehicle (s) the officers is required to drive;
- Defensive driving certificate from the Automobile Association of Kenya (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from recognized institution.
- Attended a refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within every three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- Attended a first Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and
- Building Technology (KIHBT
How to Apply
Applicants should submit the following:-
1. Dully filled NCRC Application Form together with detailed Curriculum Vitae including names of three referees and full contacts (name, 2. Post Office Box Number, email address, and telephone/mobile phone contact;
3. Copies of academic certificates and testimonials;
4. Copies of Certificate of Good Conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
5. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
6. Ethic and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance,
7. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and any other Professional Body which the candidate is a member.
Applications without the relevant qualifications and supporting documents as required will not be considered.
How to Apply
- All applications should indicate job reference numbers and be send to;
- The Director /CEO National Crime Research Centre ACK Garden Annex 1st Ngong Avenue, Off Bishop’s Road P.O. Box 21180-00100 NAIROBI OR Email: [email protected] The application should to reach the Director/CEO not later than 5.00 pm on Friday, 11th November, 2016. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of Canvassing for these positions will lead to automatic disqualification. National Crime Research Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Director/CEO National Crime Research Centre