Driver Job at Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority
The Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority (UFAA) is a State Corporation established under the National Treasury pursuant to the Unclaimed Financial Assets Act No. 40 of 2011.
The primary mandate of the Authority is to obtain unclaimed financial assets from the holders of such assets on behalf of the Government, safeguard and re-unite the assets with their rightful owners.
UFAA invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Job Ref: UFAA/013/2016
Reporting to the Administration Officer, the position is responsible for driving duties.
Driver Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving allocated vehicles as authorized;
- Maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring that the vehicle is in good working condition;
- Maintaining vehicles in presentable and clean state
- Ascertaining the serviceability of assigned vehicle
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road;
- Ensuring security and safety of vehicle and passengers and/ or goods therein.
Qualifications for Driver Job
- Minimum of KCSE grade C Plain or its equivalent
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(is) of vehicle(s) an officer is required to drive;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building
- Technology (KIHBT), or any other recognized institution;
- At least 3 years driving experience in a busy organization and passed suitability Test for Drivers Grade III;
- Any other relevant training in motor vehicle servicing, defensive driving and road safety will be an added advantage.
Terms & Conditions
- Successful candidates for the above positions will be offered a competitive remuneration package;
- Appointments in positions No. 2 to 14 will be on permanent and pensionable terms subject to satisfactory performance; while position No. 1 will be on 4 year contract terms, renewable subject to satisfactory performance;
- Applicants should attach the following documents with their applications: valid Tax Clearance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Higher Education Loans Board clearance, Credit Reference Bureau Report, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission submission form, and a Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department.
How to Apply
- If you possess the above qualifications, please write quoting the Job Reference and Title on both the application letter and envelope accompanied by an up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current and expected remuneration and other benefits, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, your e-mail and telephone contacts.
- Your curriculum vitae should indicate names, phone numbers, postal and email addresses of at least two (2) referees who are familiar with your previous academic/work experience.
- Please attach copies of your educational, professional certificates, identity card or passport. The applications should either be sent by post, e-mail, or hand delivered to the Authority’s offices located at 2nd Floor Pacis Centre, Westlands – off Waiyaki way, to be received on or before 22nd July 2016 at 5 P.M. addressed to:
- Chief Executive Officer Unclaimed Financial Assets Authority P.O. Box 28235-00200 Nairobi E-mail: [email protected]