The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to build increased resilience and self-reliance of communities affected by displacement and their host communities using innovation, social-entrepreneurship, co-creation and increased country ownership through continued protection, stronger economic empowerment, improved food security & nutrition, and environmental protection.
ARC is looking for suitable Rwandan candidate to fill the position below:
Position: Driver (1)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Logistics Coordinator
Site:Mahama Refugee Camp
- Obey all Rwanda traffic laws when driving ARC vehicles,
- Drive ARC staff and visitors safely to their destinations,
- Transport ARC goods to their destination in a safe and responsible manner,
- Assist in loading and unloading of vehicles,
- Ensure that the vehicle has no less than a half-tank of fuel during the week, and that the vehicle has a full tank every Friday,
- Record the mileage and fuel use of the vehicle accurately in the log book,
- Report all vehicle maintenance problems, accidents and damage immediately to your supervisor,
- Guard vehicle against thieves and vandals, and ensure that vehicles are locked and parked in a secure manner,
- Be available to work after hours and weekends when necessary and
- Any other tasks as requested by the Logistics Coordinator or the management team.
- Driving license B and D minimum
- Diploma/Advanced school certificate
- Over 5 years of experience in driving
- Knowledge of mechanics helpful
- Fluent in English and French or Swahili as a second language
- Ability to live and work in isolated areas in Rwanda
To apply for this position:
Please submit your application letter and curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum) by email to: [email protected] or deliver them to ARC Country Head office in Kimihurura after Lemigo Hotel before Friday May 20th, 2016.
NB: Please apply only if you fulfill the requirements. Only selected candidates will be contacted.