Terms of Reference
Position: Data Officer
Department: Programmes & Projects
Duty Station: DSW Kenya Field Office – Mombasa
Background: DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerung) is an international development and advocacy organisation, which focuses on achieving universal access to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR).
For more information, kindly visit www.dsw.org
DSW seeks to recruit a Data Officer to be based in Mombasa field office, Kenya.
The Unit provides technical assistance to both program staff and partners to build capacity for M&E activities and programs.
Areas of Responsibility: The Data Officer is a member of an inter-related project team.
S/he will work closely with the Project and Regional Programme Coordinators as well as the National Team Coordinator – Evaluation & Research.
- Ensure that program data from field sites have been verified and entered in the respective programmatic databases in a timely manner, correctly and accurately, ready for analysis and report generation
- Participate in identifying training needs and capacity building for project staff and partners
- Provide support for data collection, analysis, dissemination, and use by project staff
- Participate in routine data quality exercises in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator
- Identify and flag inconsistent data reported during project implementation and routine data quality audits
- Collaborate with the M&E Team to provide technical support to program staff in monitoring and evaluation practices
- Ensure that appropriate, data collection tools are available in all supported facilities and implementing partners and maintain clear, updated tracking record of tools;
- Ensure that project data tallies with county data
- Perform regular data quality checks as per direction from the M&E Coordinator
- Assist in data cleaning, aggregation and basic data analysis as directed by the M&E Coordinator
- Work together with M&E team to provide regular, scheduled feedback to project staff
- Support the Project Coordinator in project documentation and report compilation
- Provide linkages with Ministry on Health staff on support supervision and membership in relevant Technical Working Groups
- Degree in Health Records & Information Technology or Statistics
- Three years’ experience in OVC, particularly in the area of child protection, education and health
- Solid experience in data quality exercises and data entry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Training and capacity building skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work independently and to proactively identify and address data issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good working knowledge of USAID reporting
- Preference for good working knowledge with Excel, Access, SPSS, or other statistical programs
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
How to Apply
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “Data Officer – Mombasa” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: [email protected] Deadline for application: June 3rd, 2016 Ideal start date: Immediate Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted and will be required to attend interviews in Mombasa.