With our headquarters in Hannover, Germany, DSW maintains four country offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, as well as liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels.
For more information, please see www.dsw.org
DSW seeks to recruit an Advocacy Officer.
This position is open to Kenyan nationals only.
Areas of Responsibility include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of advocacy strategies and activity plans to promote policy and budget changes in support of FP/RH at county and sub-county level
- Support collection of data for sub-national annual budget and policy reviews
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with target County level decision makers
- Build relationships with Civil Society Organisations (CSOs/NGOs)
- Support the identification of capacity building needs for partners,
- Conduct Civic education sessions and provide leadership during public county and budget hearings to improve public and youth participation
- Degree in social sciences or related fields from a recognised University
- At least 3 years of professional experience in planning and conducting a wide variety of advocacy and policy initiatives around the priority areas (FP/RH)
- In depth knowledge of policies and programmes on Family Planning, Sexual and Reproductive Health, Adolescents and Youth
- Demonstrated understanding of the devolved county structure, budget cycle and decision making processes
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Fluency in English and Swahili (Oral and Written). Knowledge of local languages of target counties will be an added advantage
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Team player with experience working within geographically spread teams and in a multi-cultural setting
- Willingness to travel frequently