Job Opportunities at East African Breweries Limited (EABL)
East African Breweries Limited (EABL) is East Africa’s leading branded alcohol beverage business with an outstanding collection of brands that range from beer, spirits and adult non alcoholic drinks (ANADs) reaffirming our standing as a total adult beverage (TAB) company. With breweries, distilleries, support industries and a distribution network across the region, the group’s diversity is an important factor in delivering the highest quality brands to East African consumers and long-term value to East African investors. As a consumer driven business EABL takes time to study the market and understand consumer needs and wants as well as how best to satisfy them. That is why we constantly invest in innovating and renovating our brands to stay at par with dynamic consumer trends. This goes hand in hand with our Vision to be the most celebrated business in Eastern Africa.
Information Management and Security Manager
Context/Scope of the Role:
This Information Management & Security Manager (IM&S) role is a mid-management role within Kenya reporting to the KBL Legal Director. The job holder shall manage, develop and maintain all business records and information assets belonging to KBL, UDV, EABL and all other EABL affiliated business units as and when directed.
This is a specialist role within the legal function performing and facilitating end to end records management, information management, information security and quality management to the total EABL business in Kenya and East Africa which includes:
Provide thought leadership in the IM&S agenda in the business and enable and support the business meet its commercial objectives
Implement and embed the Company IM&S policies and procedures across the business End to end Document and Records Management
Document and information retention, retrieval and disposal, including management of all company document libraries and archives, whether external or internal Business continuity management for all company records and information operations, assets and procedures. Management and securing of all sensitive company information assets & Ensure the business remains compliant and maintains full IM&S compliance with laws and regulations Management of Corporate Governance, Statutory Compliance, Licensing and Internal Control issues Fully operate and maintain the Legal and Company Secretarial Department Registry in Kenya on a day to day basis. Act as the lead internal auditor for IM&S Risk assessment and mitigation of all IM&S threats including cyber-security and safety. Design and implement an effective IM&S training and awareness plan
3 – 5 Top Accountabilities
Ensure the business remains compliant to all regulatory, statutory and industry standards. Monitor and advise the business on statutory compliance, regulatory and legislative issues relating to IM&S in Kenya.
Generalist Compliance department specialising in the management and development of business management systems. Areas include: policy and procedural development, internal auditing, risk assessments, control selection and implementation, employee awareness and non-compliance & non-conformance management.
Develop and review retention schedules and develop Information Asset Inventories across the business.
Monitor changes in legislation and accreditation standards & liaise with external auditors and consultants as appropriate on required IM&S and compliance audits and initiatives.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- General Undergraduate Degree
- Proficiency in Information Technology Management and a great interest in developments in this field.
- Project Management Experience – evidence of rolling out complex projects in a large organisations
- Budget Management experience – proven ability to create and effectively manage department budgets
- Experience in IM&S, records management and/or archive administration
- Previous experience of developing and implementing file plans and retention schedules and working in a records management position with clear results
- Understanding of records management and relevant legislation
Previous Audit experience
Degree in Library Information Sciences
- Leading and Influencing and collaborative with ability to develop High Performance
- Making Effective Decisions & Delivering Value for money
- Delivering in Partnership
- Thinking with Vision – identify key or underlying issues in complex situations. It includes using creative, conceptual or inductive reasoning or thought processes that are not necessarily categorized by linear thinking.
National Spirits Sales Manager
EABL operates within a multi-cultural, multi-national, multi-currency environment. EABL comprises four business units: KBL, EAML, SBL and UBL. KBL is further categorised into Demand and Supply. The Supply business is involved in production of beer and spirits. The Demand business is involved in marketing and pushing the product to consumers.
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. The Spirits Sales Manager role is critical to continued growth of volumes and market share for the overall EABL Kenya Demand.
This position is 40% field based and 60% office based. The Spirits Sales Manager will work closely with NSM & RBMs to achieve regional team spirits volume objectives and retail outlet management and will work closely with the BAM’s to achieve distributor implementation of KPI’s per spirit contract and key trade to achieve objectives.
Purpose of the role
To provide spirits sales support link with Production, Marketing (Brand teams and Innovation), Trade Marketing, Distribution and Regional Field teams.
EABL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrant of new players in the total alcohol category. This necessitates the need for pro-active business approach. The national distribution structure within the Kenyan alcohol market is key to EABLs delivery of both volume growth and market share.
Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes and opening up of the economic trading blocks allowing in flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. This requires proactive selling to maximise company market share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level.
To constantly monitor and evaluate the distributors, RTM (Route to Market) and team performance and propose deliverable actions, plans and initiatives for improvements and growth. To initiate and take leadership in implementing motivating incentives to the distributor sales crew to support new route to market for spirits to deliver exceptional results for spirits.
- Ensure implementation of the Spirits distribution contract KPIs (Key performance indicators) with distributors and design spirits centric RTM for each distributor.
- Identify emerging trade trends and insights.
- Implement strategy to communicate anti competitor plans and activities.
- Gather relevant distributor information to assist the business in identifying business opportunities and track sales performance by distributor and advise DSMs/ABDMs on expectations.
- Coordinate stock order levels for sprits between production (at UDV) and warehouse
- Coordinate order issues between field teams and NCD in respect of supply problems.
- Training of Distributor sales force in knowledge of spirits brands and steps of a call in in-outlet spirits selling versus beer selling.
- Ensure compliance with safety requirements at the work environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years’ experience with a Strong track record in People Management & / or commercial roles within a consumer goods environment esp. in the Alcohol industry.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.