Information Technology Officer Job at Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency
The Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (EAC-CASSOA) is a self accounting institution of the East African Community. The Agency is looking for a highly motivated, resultdriven and qualified professional from citizens of East Africa Community Partner States to fill then following position in the EAC-CASSOA.
Ensure efficient and effective management and maintenance of the Information and Communication Technology systems of the Agency.
Duties for the Information Technology Officer Job
- Ensuring smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users get maximum benefits from them.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, operating systems, applications networks, printers and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance, upgrades.
- Troubleshooting and resolving network systems, hardware or software faults
- Coordinating maintenance, servicing and repair of computer telecommunication and office equipment.
- Monitoring and maintaining CASSOA internet and electronic systems, AC equipments and generators.
- Maintaining records of software licences.
- Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles.
- Carrying out regular scheduled back up procedures.
- Ensuring the website is up to date.
- Ensuring the security of Agency IT systems.
Information Technology Officer Job Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science /Computer Engineering/ Information Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized university.
- Practical Knowledge supported with certificates in web designing/development, Programming, hardware maintenance and networking is an added advantage.
- At least six (6) years’ experience in the field of Information Technology, particularly in area of data management, systems administration and Integration.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and installation.
- Experience in UNIX, LINUX, IP Network routing system, and security infra-structure.
- Certifications of CCNA, CISA, MCSE/MCTS or OCP is an added advantage.
- Experience in the use and administration of Sunsystems is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send their application letters, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA Personal History Form, photocopies of academic degrees, professional certificates/licenses and a copy of national identity card, birth certificate or passport showing the date of birth not later than 15th May 2017, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for.
The applications should be sent via email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) or in hard copies and addressed to:
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
P O Box 873,
Email: [email protected]
The recruitment of the above job will be subject to the EAC Quota system. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
Applications which do not indicate nationality and age, the reference number, a signed application letter, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA personal history form, do not include copies of academic degrees, other professional certificates and three referees shall be disqualified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.