Flight Operations Manager Job at Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency
The Civil Aviation Safety and Security Oversight Agency (EAC-CASSOA) is a self accounting institution of the East African Community. The Agency is looking for a highly motivated, resultdriven and qualified professional from citizens of East Africa Community Partner States to fill then following position in the EAC-CASSOA.
To coordinate and oversee the implementation of the safety oversight programmes and technical support to Partner States related to flight operations as approved by the Board.
Roles for the Operations Manager Job
- Managing the flight operations department.
- Participating in the evaluation of the status of aviation safety in the Partner States and providing technical assistance to Partner States in oversight activities.
- Developing and reviewing the harmonised civil aviation (flight safety standards) regulations to ensure conformity to international standards.
- Developing and reviewing applicable technical guidance materials for flight operations’ practices and procedures to implement the harmonised regulations.
- Monitoring the implementation of international standards and recommended practices by Partner States.
- Organising and facilitating Working Group meetings of Flight Safety Standards’ experts to formulate and review harmonised civil aviation regulations and technical guidance materials related to flight operations.
- Evaluating proposals to amendments of international Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPS) and formulating a response to ICAO after a regional meeting to evaluate it.
- Developing inputs and implementing procedures and guidelines to be followed in obtaining and sharing of regional human resources for inspection activities, surveillance, audits and responding to requests by Partner
- States for assistance in flight safety related
Operations Manager Job Requirements
- A holder of a current Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL).
- A Master’s degrees from a recognized university would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in aviation with a civil aviation administration, directly associated with the preparation and responsibility for implementation of rules, regulations, operating manuals, flight and ground procedures deemed necessary for flight safety, inspection and certification.
- Considerable flight crew experience as pilot-in-command on modern, turbine engine aircraft or substantial experience as a Flight Operations Inspector with ratings in modern, turbine engine aircraft (preferably type operated) in the region. A minimum of 5000 hours of flying experience with a demonstrable experience in an international airline operations of at least 1,000 hrs minimum.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are advised to send their application letters, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA Personal History Form, photocopies of academic degrees, professional certificates/licenses and a copy of national identity card, birth certificate or passport showing the date of birth not later than 15th May 2017, quoting the job advert reference number of the position applied for.
The applications should be sent via email (all soft copies should be in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat) or in hard copies and addressed to:
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
P O Box 873,
Email: [email protected]
The recruitment of the above job will be subject to the EAC Quota system. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
Applications which do not indicate nationality and age, the reference number, a signed application letter, duly filled and signed EAC-CASSOA personal history form, do not include copies of academic degrees, other professional certificates and three referees shall be disqualified. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.