Vacancy: User Support Intern
About Echo Mobile: Echo Mobile is a web-based platform that leverages mobile technology to easily engage clients in two-way communication via SMS, interactive voice response (IVR), USSD, and mobile applications.
Organizations use the platform for a variety of communications such as marketing, training, customer support, and research.
As end users respond to the messages they receive the information is all collected in real time on the web-based platform, instantaneously aggregating the results.
Developed in 2010, organizations around the world use Echo to extend their reach and give voice to markets and communities.
Role: The User Support Intern plays the important role of working with clients to ensure a frictionless, consistent, and efficient user experience on the Echo Mobile platform.
This involves assisting with training of new clients, troubleshooting with existing clients, and ensuring that all clients are maximizing the value received by using the Echo platform.
This role will report to the User Support Specialist.
- Help clients with usability issues, collect feedback on platform bugs or suggestions for improvement
- Liaise with development team on changes to improve usability
- Monitor and staff Echo’s support channels (email, phone, in-app chat, Skype) during business hours
- Liaise with finance team to ensure streamlined invoices and payment tracking
- Help the User Support Specialist in conducting training on technical and operational use of Echo Mobile, as well as daily support (in person, by email, and phone).
- Help in managing the pipeline of existing clients
- Assists in writing case studies, scheduling new client meetings, client demos, and conference presentations.
- Communicate new products to clients through email updates, news & social media posts and blog entries.
- Weekly check ins with the User Support Specialist
- The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field such as graphics design, advertising, marketing from accredited institution (open to those in 4th and 3rd year)
- Experience in training and/or customer support is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, great phone etiquette, excellent writing ability, and a special interest in understanding and improving technical usability
- A fundamental understanding of marketing, mobile technology, and research, monitoring, and evaluation methodologies is very useful. Strong time management skills that involve managing multiple clients and products simultaneously
- An eye for user friendly products and a passion for technology
- Strong work ethic and the ability to learn multiple technology platforms quickly
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English
- At least 2 references that can attest to your strong work ethic and motivation to succeed
- Bonuses (these will set you apart, but are not required)
- Prior experience working with a team of engineers / developers
- Prior experience in sales or marketing
- Technical skills such as basic web design, understanding of the Agile development process, etc
Terms & Compensation
This position will be based in Nairobi at our lovely, green offices in Lavington (on Olenguruone Road).
We’ll be offering an initial 3-month contract with a monthly stipend with the option for permanent employment based on performance
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a short cover letter and CV with [INTERN] in the subject line to [email protected]
Please ensure that your CV includes at least 2 references that can attest to your qualifications.
Note that applicants must send a personalized cover letter to be considered.
The deadline to apply is 4 September 2015.