Islamic Relief is an international NGO, established in 1984 in the UK, Seeking to promote sustainable Economic and social development by working with local communities through relief and development activities. We aim to help the needy regardless of Race, Religion, Color and Gender.
Islamic relief is currently running Programmes in several sectors that include Education, Health & Nutrition, Water & Sanitation, Livelihoods Support and Child Welfare. IRK also implements seasonal Food Security Programmes including the Ramadan Food Distribution and Qurbani.
Reporting To: Senior Education Officer
Matrix Management: Education Program
Base Location: Dadaab
In consultation with Senior Education Officer, the holder of the position will have overall responsibility on supervision of National teachers and Assistant education officers, monitoring and evaluation of refugee education activities in IFO refugee camp and Ifo 2 east and west camp.
He reports to the Senior Education Officer.
Education Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- Check on Work plans of National Teachers and AEO’s and ensure implementation of the same.
- Assign duties appropriately to National Teachers and AEO’s according to their JD.
- Guide and Support National Teachers as they train and mentor education supervisors, head teachers incentive teachers, and school management committees in order to ensure quality delivery of programs.
- Work closely with M&E and SMP supervisor for the timely production of SMP reports.
- Ensuring that the implementation of Islamic Relief’s Education projects promotes capacity building to the maximum degree possible with local communities, the Education system, UNHCR, local NGOs, CBOs, and government staff and agencies.
- Should adhere to CPP (Child Protection Policy)
- Ensure timely production of reports by collecting reports from education officers and forward them to senior education officer for compilation into one report.
- Document programme learning and disseminate lessons learned to key stakeholders in the field.
- Support National teachers to identify areas for development and jointly plan capacity building opportunities
- Ensure education team’s strengths are identified and recognized for programme and individual development
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Senior Education Officer, M&E Officer, Area Manager or other key Management Staff.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in primary education programs for refugees or rural communities.
- Experience gained within an international humanitarian NGO will be an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and administrative skills in the management of education/programs consisting of primary education.
- Experience in report writing and excellent computer skills. Experience in Training of Trainers/Facilitators skills (TOT & TOF) an advantage
Qualifications for the Education Officer
- Degree – Bachelor degree in education.
- Proven knowledge on integrated Early Childhood Development training, curriculum development, implementation and educational administration.
- Proven academic or on-job training and understanding of the Project Cycle model in managing humanitarian assistance.
How to Apply
Send in your applications to [email protected]