Education Statistics Assistant Manager Job at Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
KNBS: Level 5
No. of Posts: 1
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following position:-
Reporting to the Manager, Education Statistics, the job holder will be responsible for compilation of Education Statistics.
Education Statistics Assistant Manager Job Responsibilities
- Developing and reviewing data collection instruments;
- Producing and distributing instruments;
- Overseeing the processing of data;
- Validating and cleaning processed data;
- Designing and preparing Education Modules on various sample surveys;
- Providing education data for the preparation of the Economic Survey, Statistical Abstract and other publications;
- Providing education data to stakeholders on request;
- Updating UN and other social data bases.
Requirements for the Education Statistics Assistant Manager Job
- A Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related qualifications from a recognized institution;
- At least three (3) years progressive track record in statistical work as a Senior Officer (KNBS level 6) or its equivalent in a public or key private sector institution;
- Experience in the planning, coordination and supervision of statistical activities and programmes such as censuses and surveys undertaken within a Research or a Statistical Institution(s);
- Skills in statistical data analysis using the various statistical soft wares;
- Be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Should be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal & communication skills;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit a copy of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102
Applications must be received not later than 4th July, 2017 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN, THE MARGINALISED AND MINORITY GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY