The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a Global leader in the fight against Pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment.
EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
EGPAF in Kenya is recruiting for Finance and Administration Officer to be based in Lodwar.
- The Finance and Administration Officer will work to:
- Administer the Project finance tasks for Lodwar office. This includes providing accounting support, ensuring the implementation of financial policies and procedures in order to ensure cost effective and timely reporting and compliance.
- Other operational functions include Human Resource, Administration, ICT, procurement and logistics, and other coordination activities. This will involve ensuring compliance with the Foundation and other relevant policy guidelines in order to realize smooth operations
- The Finance and Administration Officer, with dotted reporting line to the SDA Lodwar office and Finance Manager based in Nairobi, will report the Field Operations Coordinator.
- Ensure that appropriate finance systems are maintained, and all procedures and controls are implemented.
- Maintain financial records, handling of staff advances, retirements and making financial returns to Nairobi Office.
- Manage bank accounts, and the transfer of money between head-office, country office and field offices.
- Monitor cash-flow.
- Ensure that all monthly transactions are posted to the Quick Books.
- Prepare an analysis of the cashbooks, management report, comparison with budget, and commentary at the end of the month.
- Ensure that accounts are received by the head office by the 25th day of every month
- Assist in the preparation and review of budgets for the office, partners and field activities.
- Monitor expenditure
- Ensure that all the travel needs for the office are addressed in a timely manner.
- Manage vehicle allocation
- Prepare monthly vehicle/fuel reports.
- Analyze the phone bill on monthly basis; private bills for private usage should be met by the staff themselves.
- Ensure that security procedures are implemented and the necessary security support are secured as and when need arises. Liaise with other agencies/government on security issues.
- Ensure contracts for the office and the guesthouse, and that the obligations are met as and when they fall due.
- Oversee all administrative filing and records, and archiving.
- Ensure proper engagement with vendors, e.g. signing of contracts and negotiations done as appropriate
- Purchase goods and services.
- Oversee stores operations
- Ensure compliance with the signing matrix (cheque, LPOs and contracts)
- Undertake any other duties that may be requested by the Head of field Office.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should have a degree in any business specialty, a qualified accountant (CPA K or A.C.C.A), and computer literate with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position. He/she should be familiar with Quick books, and capable of preparing final financial and management reports. He / she should also be capable of coordinating the operations of the office.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 11th September 2015
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.