The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 7,800 sites around the world to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support; HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and Kenya government’s efforts to end pediatric AIDS.
EGPAF is currently looking to recruit for Financial Analyst to be based Nairobi.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Analyst coordinates a variety of financial analysis and planning functions in the Kenya office including agreement budgeting and generating a variety of financial reports.
The Financial Analyst must collaborate with a variety of other staff to be successful including Country and Associate Directors, Accounting staff, Awards & Compliance staff, Program staff and the Financial Planning & Analysis unit at headquarters in Washington, DC.
A) Identifies and communicates financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts, making use of HQ and Country generated reports including:
• Agreement specific budget to actual reports
• Donor financial reports
• Country Monthly Financial Reports
• Agreement specific monthly costed work plans
B) Support the finance manager in country budget management including:
• Develop first draft of new business cost proposals and annual budgets under continuation awards
• Prepare budget narratives to accompany budgets
• Prepare budget revisions and responses to donor budget inquiries
• Provide appropriate data to DC for inclusion in the corporate budget
• Work closely with programs colleagues to develop costed work plans and budgets by geography, program area and/or facility
C) Provide financial data and analysis to Country Director, Associate Director, program managers and others to make management decisions. Examples might include:
• Funding Scenario Analysis
• Alerting appropriate staff of potential funding shortfalls and/or significant underspend
D) Perform financial analysis including:
• Expenditure Analysis Allocations
• Financial Forecasting and burn rate analysis
E) Present financial status of projects
• In Donor meetings
• During internal Quarterly Financial Reviews with staff from Kenya Office & DC HQ
• During meetings with Kenya Program Managers
F) Perform and complete special projects and other financial duties as required
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Master’s Degree in Business related field
• Excellent financial management and analytical skills
• Strong proficiency in Excel
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to work with virtual teams
• Ability to clearly communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues
• Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
• Strategic thinker in a dynamic environment
• Project management experience
• Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
• Prior nonprofit experience working on USG funded grants or contracts preferred
• Willingness to travel within Kenya as necessary
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to: [email protected] by 30th October 2015EGPAF is an equal opportunity employer.
Please visit our website www.pedaids.org for more information about the Foundation