HTC Community Mobilizations Officers – ELMA Project (Local Candidates Only)
Location: Migori, Nyamira, Busia and Kakamega
Job Code: 940
# of openings: 4
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 8,000 sites around the world to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support; HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and Kenya government’s efforts to end pediatric AIDS.
Through Funding from ELMA Foundation, The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is seeking to recruit four (4) HTC/ Community Mobilization officers to support demand for and promote utilization of HIV counseling and testing services in a project to improve HIV diagnosis in children older than 18 months and link HIV-infected children to HIV treatment services in Migori, Nyamira, Kakamega and Busia Counties.
The project will work collaboratively with other existing partnerships in the target counties to
1) implement intensified case finding for children older than 18 months in child-centered services,
2) Support the roll-out of universal HIV testing for children older than 18 months in selected communities,
3) Scale up family-centered model to test and treat children with HIV-infected parents and siblings and
4) Strengthen capacity of county health authorities and health facilities for sustainable provision of high quality HIV testing and treatment services for children.
Reporting to the HTC Project Officer the HTC/community mobilization Officer will be responsible for mobilizing the community within his/her county through existing networks and disseminate appropriate information on HIV counseling and testing services for children and adolescents.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform demand creation activities for universal counseling and testing for children
- Oversee planning and implementation roll-out of demand creation and referral linkages activities of community health workers for HIV counseling and testing services for children.
- Work with respective CASCOs to plan and organize targeted HTC outreach activities for children and adolescence
- Work with respective CASCOs to ensure maintenance of RTK buffer stocks
- Prepare periodic and timely reports on the mobilization activities and HTC outreach services for children and adolescence
- Degree / Diploma in Community Health, Social Work, Community Development or related qualification.
- Trained and Certified HTC services supervision
- Have at least2years’ experience in demand creation activities for HTC
- Demonstrate awareness of guidelines and standard operating protocols and community norms and standards
- The positions are attainable in Migori, Nyamira, Busia and Kakamega Counties
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to: [email protected] by 25th September 2015 Only short listed candidates will be contacted.