HTC Project Officer – ELMA Project (Local Candidates Only)
Location: Kisumu, Kenya
Job Code: 941
# of openings: 1
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 8,000 sites around the world to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support; HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and Kenya government’s efforts to end pediatric AIDS.
Through Funding from ELMA Foundation, EGPAF in Kenya is seeking to recruit HTC Project Officer. Reporting to the Program Manager, the HTC Project Officer will be in charge of the coordination of service delivery components of quality HIV Testing and Counseling (HTC) using innovative strategies to ensure delivery of quality, integrated high impact HTC services to children and adolescence in the target counties and facilities.
- Ensure that HTC services for children and adolescentsare prioritized at county, sub-county and facilities by engaging the MOH focal persons at such levels in planning, implementation and review of HIV intensified case finding.
- Offer technical support to HTC supported facilities to ensure that services are offered as per the HTC guidelines and reporting rates are continuously increased and sustained
- To liaise with CASCOs to ensure planning and coordination forcommunity HTC outreaches in all the supported counties targeting index contact of CCC clients, and other vulnerablechildren and adolescents as per national guidelines
- Plan with respective CHMTs to organize periodic HTC review and update meetings at county level.
- Coordinate all HIV Counseling and Testing (HTC) activities using a broad range of strategies (HBTC, MVCT outreaches, and PITC in health facility settings.)
- Ensure institutionalization of QA/QI in all HTC services for children and adolescents.
- Work in close collaboration with the CHRIOs to ensure timely submission of quality HTC data for use in planning, monitoring and evaluation of HTC services forchildren and adolescence .
- Generate and submit monthly/quarterly HTC reports to the HTC,
- In partnership with the program manager, identify and document best practices for implementation of intensified HIV case finding in children and adolescence
- He/She will actively represent EGPAF in county forums while strengthening linkages with CHMTs
- Capacity building and supervision of four HTC/community mobilization officers.
- Degree or Diploma in health sciences – Clinical officers, Nurses, lab techs etc.
- At least 2 years’ experience in HIV counseling and testing
- Experience with Government of Kenya guidelines, standards, tools and best practices
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to: Programsemail@example.com by 25th September 2015 Only short listed candidates will be contacted.