The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a Global leader in the fight against Pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment.
EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
EGPAF in Kenya is recruiting for an IT Assistant to be based in Lodwar.
- Desktop support.
- Training users on micro-computer applications
- Maintain systems performance and perform preventative maintenance.
- Installation of newly procured hardware and software.
- Network support –Ensure maximum Network Infrastructure uptime.
- Network security and access – manage ICT access controls
- Bandwidth management: Monitor ISP Bandwidth and usage.
- Manage rich media communication platform. (Unified Communications systems)
- IT orientation –on boarding new hires
- Ensure all applications both on premise and cloud solutions are running optimally.
Qualifications and Competences
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Science/ Information Systems / with at least 1 – 2 years’ work experience in similar field.
- Extensive practical experience in networked environment and support for remote users and field offices.
- Extensive ability to use and support of standard micro computing applications such as Microsoft OFFICE SUITE.
- Experience in supporting web based applications.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (English and Swahili)
- Knowledge of supporting Windows client and server operating systems.
- Prior experience with Messaging systems support, e.g. MS Exchange
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective work relationship with people of different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to: [email protected]
Closing Date 11th September 2015
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.