M&E Officer (Local Candidates Only)
Location: Homa Bay and Kisumu
Job Code: 938
# of openings: 2
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected.
Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States.
With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to eliminate pediatric HIV and AIDS by implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
EGPAF Kenya is looking to recruit Monitoring and Evaluation Officers to be based in Homa Bay and Kisumu
Job Summary: Under the guidance of the Strategic Information Advisor, the M&E Officer will work to ensure furtherance of the EGPAF Project’s agenda of improving quality of integrated HIV services through continuous quality improvement, data quality assessments, technical assistance and capacity building to EGPAF Project’s technical staff and health care workers at the County, sub-county and facility level in support of strategic information activities.
S/he will provide oversight to M&E and data management components within the EGPAF Projects and at the facility level.
- Assist the SIA to ensure regular, complete, accurate, timely and quality monitoring reports from health facilities on all required indicators
- Work closely with the EGPAF Project’s SIA or his/her designate and project technical team to manage all data entry related activities
- Work with the Facility staff and County and Sub County Health Records and Information Officers to ensure timely data collection, collation and reporting into the DHIS
- Provide timely feedback to the County, Sub-county and facilities for decision making
- Oversee joint DQA with the County and Sub-County HRIOs at supported facilities
- Conduct targeted mentorship and supportive supervision on documentation and reporting at supported facilities
- Support EMR implementation within EGPAF facilities in collaboration with ITECH
- Support monthly sub-county data review meetings for supported facilities
- Represent the EGPAF at County Stakeholder and Technical Working Group meetings
- Upload data into various databases including DATIM, DHIS, KePMS, EKMS and GLASER as needed.
- Bachelors/Diploma in Biostatics, Health Information Management Systems or Health Records and Information from a recognized University
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience on monitoring and evaluation and data management for a HIV program
- Familiar with NASCOP tools and PEPFAR reporting systems
- Proficiency in computer packages for generating and analysing reports .
How to Apply
All applications should be sent by COB Wednesday 23rd September 2015, to: [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be contacted.