In partnership with senior management, the Compliance & Internal Review Manager will objectively add value and improve EGPAF Kenya’s programming by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of various operational procedures and a sound judgement.
Senior Compliance Manager Job Responsibilities
- Serve as an expert on applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations. The position holder will possess superior presentation skills and will spearhead innovative sensitization of key policies to various levels i.e. ELT, SMT, all staff, sub-recipients, vendors, etc.
- Works with the Country Director, Operations Director and HQ to develop a targeted, risk-based, and coherent annual compliance review plan, disseminates the plan to management and core operations teams and ensures strict adherence/implementation of the plan within the stipulated timelines.
- Documents the compliance review process/methodologyand prepares detailed findings memorandum for management (in-country and HQ).
- Review various areas of the EGPAF operations including grants, procurement, stock management, finance, IT, HR, legal compliance and inventory as determined by the risk assessment.
- Maintains open and regular communications with Senior Management, International Operations and other headquarters staff in DC for compliance updates, learning of best practices from other countries, problem solving options, professional development, etc.
- In conjunction with the Manager International Operations, conduct investigations related to suspected fraud, ensuring timely completion of investigations and proactive status updates with key stakeholders, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ensures that all audit/compliance findings are tracked and is responsible for monitoring implementation status by the various managers, and will report on implementation status on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Skills for the Senior Compliance Manager Job
- Degree in Business related field.Masters will be an added advantage.
- Must have completed ACCA or CPA with at least at least 5 years’ hands on experience in audit at management/supervisory level.
- In depth knowledge of United States Government grant and financial regulations, systems and procedures for managing complex grant programs with many partners and customers.
- Experience working with an international non-profit/non-governmental organization (NGO) will be an added advantage.
- Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated and a team player.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to develop and implement training programs for multi-faceted audiences.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of time.
- Emotionally intelligent individual, with ability to resolve conflicts professionally.
How to Apply