Procurement & Logistics Assistant (Local Candidates Only)
Location: Homa Bay, Kenya
Job Code: 942
# of openings: 1
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 8,000 sites around the world to implement prevention, care, and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support; HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and Kenya government’s efforts to end pediatric AIDS. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is seeking to recruit a procurement and logistics assistant.Job Purpose: To support the Procurement Officer in the acquisition, supply, delivery, storage and disposal of goods & services, and logistics operations at optimum cost effective levels by ensuring that all processes are thoroughly documented, compliant, expeditious and effective manner with unyielding integrity
- Participate in the day to day procurement and logistics activities including solicitation of quotations, analysis of quotations/bid analysis and filing of procurement paperwork by ensuring compliance with EGPAF and Donor requirements, and this includes securing required approvals.
- Write Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) based on approved documentations under the guidance of the Procurement Officer/ his delegate , follow up for review and approval and dispatch to vendors as appropriate
- Processing of tax exemptions for donor funds where applicable
- Prepare weekly and monthly procurement status reports in the prescribed template
- Develop, maintain and continually update the Pre-approved vendors register, and also create a good rapport with the existing vendors while seeking business relationship with more vendors with a view to achieving an optimal supplier base.
- Liaise with finance team in ensuring that invoices for vendors are paid in time and that the invoice listing is timely updated and vendors are accurately informed of progress in preparation of payments.
- Together with Administration, verify the goods delivered against the LPOs and maintain a record of all supplies procured and issued to the field offices
- Assist in the Preparation of a weekly travel schedule for the drivers in consultation with the field officers, head driver and the office administration officer.
- In liaison with the head Driver, ensuring that Licenses for project vehicles are up to date, ensure that vehicles are well maintained/ serviced as the need arises and reporting on the relevant costs.
- Periodic review of vehicle satellite tracker reports to ensure compliance with applicable speed limits, as well as adherence with the Foundation’s vehicle use policy
Property and Equipment Management
- Participate in periodic inventory verification and counting under the guidance of the procurement and logistics officer.
- Assist to oversee minor repairs of the office in conjunction with Landlord and Office administration, contract repairmen to fix office equipment and building.
- Assist in tagging of office assets and in updating of the inventory register.
- Ensure that all assets in the register are fully insured, and maintain the insurance policy files, as well as manage any subsequent claims procedures
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to: [email protected] by 25th September 2015
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.