The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a Global leader in the fight against Pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment.
EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
EGPAF in Kenya is recruiting for a Project Officer – Laboratory to be based in Lodwar
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support both county and national MoH laboratory structures towards provision of quality integrated HIV prevention, HIV counselling and testing, care and treatment services within the Ministry of Health, private and Faith Based Sector health facilities in Turkana County.
- Establish and support expansion and access to key HIV diagnostic and monitoring laboratory services including HIV RTKs, CD4 and viral load monitoring, TB microscopy and GenXpert Testing, Viral Load monitoring and Early Infant Diagnosis.
- Provide day to day contact and support to the CMMLT, CHMT, point of care laboratory technicians and technologists and field officers based various sub-counties and facility level
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to establish, strengthen and expand a laboratory networks.
- Provide oversight to ensure that access to laboratory services is improved and maintained.
- Participate in relevant lab technical working groups and relevant stakeholder meetings
Qualifications and Competencies
- 5 years proven experience in HIV laboratory work and be registered with KMLTTB.
- Possess a degree in Medical Laboratory and a Higher National Diploma in Laboratory training with at least 2 years of laboratory work experience.
- Experience in working with USAID/CDC funded HIV program establishing and supporting laboratory networks
- Demonstrated supervisory and program management skills will be an added advantage
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to: [email protected] Application Closing Date: 11th September 2015
Only short listed candidates will be contacted