The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), is a Global leader in the fight against Pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 Countries at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County Governments to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment.
EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
EGPAF in Kenya is recruiting for a Project Officer, Nutrition to be based in Lodwar.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Advisor, the Project Officer, Nutrition, will coordinate and facilitate all the Pamoja Turkana nutrition activities including assessment, counselling, support of PLHIV, reporting and linkage to FBP programs ensuring full integration within the care and treatment program
- Work closely with the CHMT, County Nutritional Officer, and Sub-County Nutritional Officers to ensure optimal anthropometric monitoring, documentation, categorization, nutritional counselling and support for all PLHIV enrolled in Care and Treatment within the supported facilities.
- Work closely with County, Sub County Nutritional officers, program staff, and facility staffs to ensure accurate and timely reporting on nutrition in using appropriate tools.
- Facilitate referral for food supplementation for all eligible PLHIV including linkage to Feeding-by-Prescription (FBP) programs.
- Support efforts to enhance leveraging of resources and technical support from other sectors, through food security forums in each target county to discuss household food security issues and develop action/mitigation plans for each of the targeted counties.
- Support interventions and strategies that aim to improve nutrition amongst children, adolescents and adults Living with HIV in the supported facilities.
- Work closely with CHWs to promote key nutrition practices such as optimal nutrition in pregnancy, exclusive breastfeeding, optimal complementary feeding and dietary diversity, growth monitoring and promotion amongst women and children enrolled in PMTCT programs within the county.
- Work jointly with other Pamoja project officers to develop weekly, monthly and quarterly work plans in the supported program areas.
- Coordinate identification of training needs and support implementation of relevant training modules targeting health care workers, CHWs, peer educators and any other relevant.
- Participate in the various relevant TWGs in the county and supra county levels.
Qualifications and Competencies
- University Degree in Nutrition or any other relevant training.
- 3-5 years working in a food and nutrition initiative.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing US Government-funded projects, working in a food and nutrition initiative among pastoralist and nomadic population will be an added advantage.
- Ability to transfer skills and knowledge through, training and mentorship.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various teams.
- Excellent written, oral communication in Kiswahili and English.
- Good understanding of GOK strategies and policies on arid lands as well as nutrition.
How to Apply
All applications should be sent to [email protected] Closing Date: 11th September 2015
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.