To support establishment, expansion and implementation of a robust Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) program in the Timiza 90, Turkana that entails provision of high quality integrated HIV prevention, HIV counselling and testing, integrated MCH model PMTCT.
Senior Program Officer Job Responsibilities
- Ensure that the Timiza 90 team remains updated on the latest PMTCT best practices
- Oversee development of integrated HIV/PMTCT facility interventions and work plans and oversee the implementation
- Establish and Supervise the EID, CD4 and VL lab-networks with networked facilities
- Assist the HMT to develop and implement quality assurance programs for each supported site
- Facilitate the acquisition of Project supplies from MOH/KEMSA and other sources.
- Ensure EID website is fully updated for all the sites they cover.
- Oversee community PMTCT activities including pregnant women mapping.
- Provide technical MNCH/PMTCT/SHR training for project staff and health partners
- Mentorship and supportive supervision to PMTCT program officers.
- Ensure that adherence and psychosocial support activities are undertaken at the Timiza 90 supported sub counties and facilities
- Works closely with the County HMT in identifying training needs in PMTCT/RH/MNH and FP planning and delivering trainings for program officers and facility staff, according to the training plan.
- Ensure linkage and promote the integration of PMTCT/RH/MNH and FP services in the county.
- Develops and maintains close working relationships with the health management teams at the county, sub county and facility level.
- Provides feedback to facilities and participates in supportive supervision and site assessments including SIMS, CQI, and RDQAs.
- Lead/drives technical interventions towards attainment of the eMTCT targets
- Lead/drives technical interventions towards attainment of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd 90’s in the ACT 90/90/90 strategy to ensure attainment of the 90% of eligible patients are on ART and 90% of those on ART are retained on treatment and achieve viral suppression.
- Support health facilities in improving quality of services offered through participation in observed practise, preceptorship, and clinical review/switch meetings.
- Work closely with program officers to ensure that the implementation of health facility and community-level activities is well coordinated.
- Working with the SI & E project team assists the Project in working with clinic staff in data collection and data management and reporting including utilization of such data for planning and decision making.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on all project input, processes, outputs, outcomes and impact at supported sites to ensure that adequate progress is made towards set targets.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports for PMTCT care and treatment.
- Participate in research and evaluate activities, including impact studies, and project reviews
- Working closely with the QA/QI Program Officer, ensures site assessments, follow up on identified gaps and implementation of interventions including formation of Quality Improvement Teams and re-assessment of progress
- Working with other Teams within the project, identify opportunities for integration including decentralization of PMTCT, care and treatment services, formation of and supporting Multi-Disciplinary Teams (MDTs), community-facility linkages and assist in documentation of successes, best practices and challenges associated with such linkage and integration
- Liaise with the HMT and any other technical counterparts among other partners on paediatric ART and PMTCT/RH issues, participating in forums where such issues are being discussed and representing the Project Manager/ the project when called upon to do so.
Skills for the Senior Program Officer Job
- Experience in establishing and sustaining working relationships with the County Government Ministry of Health
- Significant and up to date knowledge of the current ART, PMTCT, TB/HIV, HTC guidelines, standards, tools and best practices
- Experience in HIV/AIDS care and treatment program (MCH integrated model) implementation with demonstrated expertise in initiating care and treatment services in a public, faith based or private health facility
- Demonstrated experience in organizing and facilitating training in HIV /AIDS prevention, care and treatment areas.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR Program and NASCOP reporting requirements including familiarity with the data collection and reporting tools used by NASCOP
- Proficiency in computer
- Self- managed, self-driven, results oriented
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing and analytical skills
- Dedicated team player with ability and experience to work in a multidisciplinary team
- BSc Nursing Officer/Higher diploma nursing/clinical medicine (RH) with 3 years of continuous HIV program implementation or diploma in nursing/clinical medicine with 5 years of continuous HIV program implementation
How to Apply