EIMC Program Coordinator
Department: Male Circumcision program
Position Reports To: VMMC Program Director
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Posting date: October 1st, 2015
Closing date: October 16th,2015
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. For 35 years, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable population.
With funding from UNICEF, Jhpiego Rwanda is implementing an Early Infant Male Circumcision Program with a focus on capacity building.
The EIMC Coordinator will participate in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the EIMC interventions to ensure the project is achieving its targets.
• Work collaboratively with VMMC Program Director to ensure planning and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
• Manage implementation of the program including planning, executing and monitoring activities and assist as needed in meeting set targets.
• Provide follow up support and supportive supervision of health care workers.
• Participate in preparation of budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
• Order training materials in coordination with EIMC program Director and Logistic officer in a timely manner.
• Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and/or annual reports
• Assist in program monitoring and evaluation
• Assist with organization of trainings, meetings, field visits and other activities
• Support sites in supplies chain management
• Participate in the assessment and preparation of static and satellite MC outreach sites for service delivery
• Coordinate MC/EIMC static and outreach activities
• Identify and liaise with support structures for referrals of MC clients
• Participate in service delivery quality assurance, MC sites supervision and the training of MC staff such as doctors, nurses, theatre assistants
• Participate in the conduct of operational research
• Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required
• Clinical Officer , Midwife Registered Nurse or Medical Doctor
• Possess strong clinical and hands -on skills in minor surgery, particularly in the area of MC/or EIMC skills are an added asset.
• At least 3 years of progressively responsible work experience, particularly in the areas of Male circumcision
• Experience working with MOH personnel and good knowledge of health systems and programs
• A demonstrated track record of providing mentorship and supervision for strengthening healthcare services; training in quality improvement approaches
• Possess critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to facilitate program implementation
• Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable.
• Ability to coordinate information and logistics for program and activities
• Excellent analytical, communication and report writing skills
• Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS office.
• Fluent in English , French and Kinyarwanda
Duration of contract is 1 year, renewable upon availability of the funds.
To apply please send your motivation letter and CV with three references to HR.Rwanda@jhpiego.org with subject” EIMC Program Coordinator”. The shortlisted candidates will only be contacted for interview. If you don’t hear from us within two weeks effective from the submission date, your application would not have been considered for this position.