Intern Business Development, Elective Africa
Job Location: Kenya – Nairobi
Summary: Elective Africa is looking for a talented marketing and sales individual to join our unique expedition company. Elective Africa is a leading organizer of education travel opportunities.
The intern will be tasked with building and retaining client relationships with universities, student healthcare societies and other critical associations in the education travel industry, identify emerging opportunities in the experiential travel industry, managing current client accounts to ensure maximum revenue whilst bringing in new business through a variety of lead generation activities.
To succeed, you need to be sharp, talented, detail oriented and tenacious.
While assisting with a wide range of projects, the intern will gain experience and training in many aspects of Communications and Business Development and a good understanding of working with a diverse team of people.
If your performance exceeds expectations, you will be offered a position in the company at the end of your internship.
1. Generate Sales results as per set targets.
2. Conduct marketing activities geared towards enhancing the EA brand value.
3. Thoroughly research and understand the product, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives and overall business requirements in the industry.
• A bachelors degree in marketing, or related fields is essential with a minimum of second class honors upper division
• A grade B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with good grades in languages
• Additional professional qualifications in marketing such as CIMA will be an added advantage
• A creative and innovative person who pays attention to detail
• Savvy with social media platforms
• A self-starter with zeal to develop superior sales, planning and organizational skills.
• Team player and ability to comfortably relate with cross cultural teams
• Outstanding communication skills (writing and verbal) and excellent presentation skills
• Willingness to work long and often odd hours under minimum or no supervision
How to Apply
To apply, send your application pack to [email protected] with the following to be received by October 11, 2015
1. A resume with three referees
2. A cover letter
3. Copy of degree certificate and KCSE certificate is required for the application to be successful.
Subject line must read: Position of Intern Business Development-Oct 2015 Only short listed candidates will be contacted