Communications and Public Relations Officer
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Elective Africa ‘’EA’’ is seeking an enthusiastic Communications and Public Relations (PR) Officer to join our unique Expedition Company.
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of education travel opportunities. Elective Africa (EA) believes it is most effective when it is in communication and in good relations with its various stakeholders from written communications to social networking engagement.
To succeed, you will need to have very good writing skills, energetic, hard working, social media and web-savvy and with creative ideas on how to engage audiences in the various platforms.
This opportunity is unique because it gives you the opportunity to excel in the context of meaningful travel in a company led by young, dynamic and creative executives with worldwide exposure.
- Developing Publications that communicate the organization’s activities and products.
- Developing, writing and editing publications and materials.
- Gathering articles for publication from various sources as desired.
- Media Relations: Use relevant forms of media to build, maintain and manage the reputation of EA.
- Informing our stakeholders about any recent developments in the organization.
- Manage inquiries from different media regarding the activities of the organizations. He/she will speak on behalf of the company.
- Manage EA contacts database.
- Graphic Design: Develop handouts, publicity brochures, direct mail leaflets, multimedia programs and videos.
- Will be required to do a minimal level of in-house graphic design work.
- Managing outsourced designing work by ensuring high quality design output.
- Community Relations: Uphold the reputation of the organization within the community with accurate information that portrays the organization in the correct way.
- Social Media Management: Updating social networking as per each media usage.
- Webpages Content Management: Ensure that the information on the organization’s online web presence is up to date.
- Research: The CO will conduct research on the perceptions and attitudes of the target audience for EA to enable EA develop and maintain effective communication programs.
- Communication Policy: Fine-tune the communication and PR policy to meet desired level of productivity for the team and organization.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communication and/or Public Relations with a minimum of second-class honors upper division.
- A grade B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with similar grades in languages.
- Minimum of one and a half years work experience is required.
- Evidence of outstanding communications and presentation skills at the current position.
- Good writing skills is essential with keen attention to detail.
- Evidence of basic graphic design skills is essential.
- Willingness to work long and odd hours to complete assignments with little or no follow-ups.
- A creative, detailed oriented person and a team player.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Social media and web savvy.
How to Apply
To apply, send your application pack to [email protected] with the following to be received by September 3, 2015
Subject line to read: Application for the Position of Communications and PR Officer Only short listed candidates will be contacted.