Position: Intern, Communications and Business Development
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Summary: Elective Africa ‘’EA’’ is seeking to recruit an intern to support our Communications and Business Development teams.
Elective Africa is a leading organizer of education travel opportunities. Elective Africa (EA) believes it is most effective when it is in communication and in good relations with its various stakeholders from written communications to social networking engagement.
To succeed, you will need to have very good writing skills; some graphic design skills will be an added advantage and social media and web-savvy to be able to engage our audiences in the various platforms.
While assisting with a wide range of projects, the intern will gain experience and training in many aspects of Communications and Business Development and a good understanding of working with a diverse team of people.
If your performance exceeds expectations, you will be offered a position in the company at the end of your internship.
- Assisting in coming up with publications based on research from the industry.
- Assist with designing our marketing materials.
- Managing our social networking sites as per each media usage.
- Conduct research on the perceptions and attitudes of the target audience to enable EA develop and maintain effective communication programs.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about the business, communications and mareting activities, prospective clients and industry trends.
- Assist in coming up with the communications and marketing plans in coordination with BD team to achieve revenue goals.
- Managing EA contact database.
- A bachelor’s degree in Communication and/or Public Relations with a minimum of second-class honors upper division.
- A grade B+ and above in KCSE (or equivalent) with similar grades in languages.
- Good writing skills is essential with keen attention to detail.
- Evidence of basic graphic design skills will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to work long and odd hours to complete assignments with little or no follow-ups.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Social media and web savvy.
How to Apply
To apply, send your application pack to [email protected] with the following to be received by September 3, 2015
Subject line to read: Application for the Position of Intern Communications and Business Development Only short listed candidates will be contacted.