- Company: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Health Systems Strengthening Job At Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
Health Systems Strengthening Job Purpose
- The Health Systems Strengthening (HSS) Advisor will provide overall leadership and support for health systems strengthening within the project. The HSS Advisor will be responsible for ensuring that health systems strengthening activities are well designed, implemented and coordinated.
Health Systems Strengthening Job Responsibilities
- Provide direction and leadership for the project’s health systems work, while ensuring that the project’s activities operate within one health system.
- Provide guidance for key HSS activities to support county level policymakers in areas of strategic planning and management, ensuring a seamless link between service delivery interventions and county capacity and systems development.
- Provide technical assistance to county technical teams on health systems strengthening;
- Identify and assess the issues around devolution and the functions and organization of the county government, particularly the county health management teams and their capacity gaps.
- Responsible for directing the implementation of health systems strengthening activities;
- Responsible for ensuring the achievement of expected outcomes and quality review/assurance in the area of health systems strengthening;
- Participate in annual reviews and project planning.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all required health systems related technical reporting and deliverables of the project.
- Provide technical assistance to build the capacity of county health teams in core HSS functions as defined by the project.
- Provide guidance to the respective county health management teams to strengthen health information systems, human resources management, quality assurance, commodity management, and support the lower county levels.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in the entire health system to develop innovative technical strategies, tools and systems to strengthen health systems at the county level and below.
Qualifications For Health Systems Strengthening Job
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Health Policy, Health Administration, or other relevant field;
- At least ten (10) years of relevant professional experience.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs in the areas of governance and strategic planning, policy reform, health products and technology, human resources for health, and strategic monitoring and evaluation and referral systems.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, Kenya experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of demonstrated experience in project design, and in managing and supervising a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors, and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to program sites throughout the country.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in the English language.
- Candidates who are Kenyan nationals are strongly preferred.