County Assembly of Embu
County Assembly Service Board
The County Assembly Service Board of Embu invites applicants from suitably qualified Kenya citizens to fill the following vacant position;
Principal Procurement Officer
Function: The Procurement service entails inventory control, procurement, custody, physical distribution, utilization, verification, write-off and disposal of stores; custody of government movable property; prevention and detection of losses and guarding against wastage and misuse through procurement and disposal of boarded stores according to laid down procedures and regulations.
The officer will be reporting to the Clerk of the County Assembly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The job holder is responsible for:
- Planning and co-ordination of supplies management services;
- Enforcement of Government procurement regulations, systems and procedures;
- Preparation of supplies estimates of expenditure and control of Vote;
- Initiation of policy, review and updating of existing regulations, supplies management instructions, inspection, training and development of the supplies personnel.
Requirement for Appointment:
- Bachelors Degree in Procurement/Supplies Management with at least 5 years post qualification experience; or
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration and a Post graduate Diploma in Procurement/Supplies Management or equivalent with at least 5 years post qualification experience; or
- Masters degree in Procurement/Supplies Management with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in procurement management.
- Registered Member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management or CIPS
- Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution
The gross salary attached to this grade is minimum salary of Kshs.143,748/= rising to a maximum of Kshs.174,270/= or as may be advised by the Salaries Remuneration Commission from time to time.
How to Apply
Qualified person(s) interested in filling the above position should submit application accompanied by two-page Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of relevant Academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card or Passport and other relevant supporting documents to:
The Clerk County Assembly of Embu P. O. Box 140-60100,
So as to reach him not later than 24th September, 2015 at 5.00 p.m.
JIM G. Kauma Clerk of The County Assembly