JG ‘K’- (5 POSTS) (CPSB 08/2017)
Salary Scale: Kshs.31,020 x 1,560 – 32,580 x 1,620 – 34,200 – 1,710 -35,910 x 1,800 – 37,710 x 1,890 – 39,600 x 1, 990 – 41,590 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Responsibilities for the Early Childhood Officer Job
- Supervising ECDE teachers and caregivers in the ward(s).
- Monitoring curriculum implementation at the ward level.
- Collecting, maintaining and submitting ECDE statistical data to the sub county program officer.
- Co-ordinating and liaising with the stakeholders in ECDE in the ward(s)
- Developing and disseminating Sub County based (local) curriculum for ECDE programs.
- Supervising ward based programs that cater for the total development of children less than six (6) years.
- Developing and providing proto types of appropriate resource materials to local communities and parents.
Creating and promoting awareness on ECDE needs and demands to the local communities and parents.
- Acting as a link to the county Government, local agencies and communities on ECDE policy interpretation and implementation at the ward level.
Requirements for the Early Childhood Officer Job
- A candidate must be in possession of:-
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a minimum grade of “C’+ (plus) from
- KNEC or C plain and a diploma in ECDE or its recognized equivalent; and
- Bachelor of Education Degree in ECDE from a recognized university or any other relevant and recognized qualification.
- Minimum five (5) years teaching experience
How to Apply
The candidate should attach photocopies of the following documents:
National Identity Card
Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loan Board (HELB): Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA): Criminal
Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (where applicable)
Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applicants are requested to download the application form from Embu County website:- www.embu.go.ke
Women, persons with disability and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply. Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification.All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 9th June, 2017.
THE SECRETARY /CEO
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 2871-60100, EMBU
NB: 1. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
- The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelop and the Application.
Embu county Government is an equal opportunity Employer