HR Deputy Director Job in Embu County
JG ‘Q’(1 POST) (CPSB 010/2017)
Salary Scale: Kshs.89,748 x 4,487 – 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,947 x 4,947 – 103,894 x 5,195 – 109,089 x 5,454 – 114,543 x 5,727 – 120,270 p.m.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Responsibilities for the HR Deputy Director Job
- An officer at this level will be responsible to the County Secretary and his/her duties will include;-
- Overall management of the county payroll by ensuring accurate and timely adjustment are carried out in the IPPD system.
- Liaising with the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and the Ministry of Devolution and planning to implement circulars from these institutions.
- Coordinating the establishment of County compliment control section recommending and optimal staffing for smooth operation in the county.
- Supervision of staff in the payroll and complement Control Section with the assistance of the Principal Human Resource Management Officer incharge of Compliment Control.
- Management of staff Pension and Gratuity.
Requirements for the HR Deputy Director Job
- For appointment to this grade, an officer must have;-
- Served as Assistant Director of Human Resource Management or be a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service for minimum period of Three (3) years;
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management / Industrial Relations /Public or Business Administration /Government or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution; Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of human resource and a thorough understanding of the human resource management policies, regulations, employee relations, labour laws and other statutes that relates to the human resource management and development.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
The candidate should attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loan Board (HELB): Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA): Criminal
- Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (where applicable)
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applicants are requested to download the application form from Embu County website:- www.embu.go.ke
Women, persons with disability and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply. Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification.All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 9th June, 2017.
THE SECRETARY /CEO
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 2871-60100, EMBU
1. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
- The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelop and the Application.
Embu county Government is an equal opportunity Employer