Senior Assistant Office Administrator Job in Embu County
JG ‘L’ – 1 POST (CPSB 018/2017)
Salary Scale: Kshs.35,910 x 1,800 – 37,710 x 1,890 – 39,600 x 1,990 – 41,590 x 2,070 – 43,660 x 2,220 – 45,880 p.m.
Terms of Service: Contract (3 years renewable)
Responsibilities for the Senior Assistant Office Administrator Job
- Taking oral dictation ,managing E-office word and data processing;- operating office equipment, maintaining office diary, appointments and travel itineraries,
- Attending to visitors/clients, handling telephone calls, co-ordinating schedules of meetings ensuring security of office records equipments and document including classified materials,
- Maintaining an up to date filling system in the office establishing and monitoring procedure for record keeping of correspondences and file movements,
- Preparing responses to simple routine correspondence managing officer protocol and etiquette,
- Supervising office cleanliness, managing petty cash ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data and any other office administrative services duties that may be assigned,
Qualifications for the Senior Assistant Office Administrator Job
- For appointment to this grade a candidate must have;-
- Served in the grade of Assistant office Administrator 1 or Senior Office administrative assistant for a minimum period of three (3) years.
- Diploma in secretarial studies from the Kenya Nation Examination Council KNEC
- Business Education single and group certificate (BES &GC) Stages I,II and III from KNEC in the following subjects:
- Shorthand III (minimum 110w.p.m)
- Typewriting 111(50 w.p.m) computerized document processing III
- Business English III/communication III
- Office practice 11
- Commerce 11
- Office management III/office administration and management III
- Secretarial duties 11
- Certificate in public relationship customer care course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from the
- Kenya School of Government or any other recognized institution;
- Certificate in computer application from a recognizes institution and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
How To Apply
The candidate should attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and testimonials
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loan Board (HELB): Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA): Criminal
- Investigation Department (CID); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (where applicable)
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applicants are requested to download the application form from Embu County website:- www.embu.go.ke
Women, persons with disability and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply. Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvas shall lead to automatic disqualification.All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 9th June, 2017.
THE SECRETARY /CEO
PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 2871-60100, EMBU
1. Only short listed candidates shall be contacted.
- The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelop and the Application.
Embu county Government is an equal opportunity Employer