Golden Gate University is a private, nonprofit, nonsectarian, coeducational university located in the Financial District of downtown San Francisco, California.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship amounts can range from $750 to $2,000 per term and are awarded for the duration of the student’s program.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility: To be eligible for endowed scholarships, students must be continuously enrolled at least half-time (4 units) each term. Students may only receive one Golden Gate University scholarship, grant, or discount per term.
Nationality: Endowed scholarships are open to both domestic and international students, as indicated by the endowed scholarship’s criteria.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To be considered for full admission to the Associate of Arts in General Studies, the Bachelor of Arts in Management or the Bachelor of Science in Business, you should have a community college, college, or university cumulative grade point average of 2.00 (C) or better with 12 or more semester units of prior transferable credit. If 11 or fewer semester units have been earned, the application may be considered with the following:
- A high school grade point average of 3.00 (B) or higher
- A resume showing three or more years of professional work experience
- A statement of purpose stating why Golden Gate University is the right institution to meet your personal and professional goals; and
- In some cases, participate in an interview (by telephone or in person) with the dean.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: When completing the application, students may apply for one or more scholarship. Applications must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office electronically by email to [email protected] To apply for a special scholarship, you must
- Complete a 2017-2018 FAFSA (Domestic students only), school code 001205
- Attach a personal statement (single spaced, not to exceed two typed pages) addressing the following:
- Describe your financial need.
- Describe your academic achievements.
- Describe any special circumstances you would like the scholarship committee to consider when reviewing your application.
- Please make sure to type your Full Name on the top right hand corner of each page.
- Attach a Scholarship Essay (single spaced, not to exceed two typed pages)
- In the scholarship essay, address the specific criteria for the scholarship you wish to apply to.
- Please make sure to label each separate essay, accordingly and print your Full Name on the top right hand corner of each page.
- Attach a Resume which includes a summary of your work, school and extracurricular activities
- Submit completed application by e-mail to finaid-at-ggu.edu.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 11, 2017.