ENERGY 4 IMPACT is seeking a candidate to fill the post of a Finance Officer to provide financial accounting and management support across all our projects from the Nairobi Regional Office.
ENERGY 4 IMPACT is a UK charity seeking to reduce poverty in Africa through accelerated access to modern energy products and services.
To do this we support the development of a broad range of micro and small businesses and project companies in the energy economy by providing them with high-quality financial, technical and business management support services, so that they can grow and deliver access to energy in off-grid areas.
To date, ENERGY 4 IMPACT has supported the development and growth of 2,600 small and micro businesses in Africa, delivering energy access to over 7 million people in off-grid areas and creating over 5,000 jobs. Our ambition is that by 2020 we will have enabled 20 million people to access clean and reliable energy. ENERGY 4 IMPACT’s largest office is in Kenya, with local offices also in Senegal, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda, supported by a small UK head office of eight staff in London.
Responsibilities for the Finance NGO Job
- Ensure that all project and country office financial/expenditure documents are delivered to the Nairobi office in a timely manner, reviewed for accuracy and completeness and ready for approval and posting.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organisation.
- Ensure all project accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in a safe and secure condition under the custody of the organisation.
- Assist in financial control, prepare and analyse budgets, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to the organisation on budget expenditures.
- Monitor the expenditures to ensure that programme funds are utilised appropriately by the close of the fiscal year.
- Carry out training on financial policies and procedures to non-finance staff and partners, as required.
- Assist the Head of finance in ensuring that all financial reporting is completed on time and submitted to the supervisor for review on time for submission to donors.
- Help with the preparation of internal and external audits and respond to audit queries in a timely manner.
- Make visits to the country offices as required to support financial operations and management
- Reviewing all ARO staff time sheets ensuring that staff have allocated time properly to projects.
- Leading all project related budgets and working closely with the programmes team.
- Lead on the administration of cash disbursement and drawdown from programmes.
- Opening of project accounts on system.
- Liaise on a regular basis with finance and management staff in the field.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the supervisor
- Please note that the above is not an exhaustive list of duties and is subject to review on a regular basis depending on needs of the organisation.
Finance NGO Job Qualifications
- A degree in a business related field with a CPA qualification or equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in an international organisation.
- Understanding of multi and bilateral donor policies and procedures.
- Proven numeracy and financial analysis / planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present financial matters to non-financial managers.
- High degree of computer literacy in Microsoft Office products especially Excel and financial systems (Sage).
- Ability to develop and build capacities of staff.
- Experience in working independently and providing initiative in improving finance functions.
- Experience of establishing good working relationships with a variety of people.
- Proven track record in delivering results in a pressurised environment.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Ability to adapt to new situations and needs.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (maximum one page of A4 paper) and CVs and indicate their minimum salary expectation to [email protected] on or before 22nd March 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENERGY 4 IMPACT is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin or disability