Ref. No ERC/EEM/01
The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006. The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
Reporting to the Director Renewable Energy, the successful candidate will be responsible for setting and enforcement of regulations on energy efficiency and conservation, conducting surveys and research, and analysing trends on energy consumption, efficiency and conservation in Kenya.
The role holder is also responsible for advising energy sector players on technical, policy and legal issues regarding energy efficiency and conservation.
Energy Efficiency Manager Job Key Responsibilities
- Formulation and implementation of regulations on energy efficiency and conservation;
- Undertake research on energy efficiency and conservation in the country;
- Undertake energy audits;
- Ensure compliance of energy efficiency practitioners with established energy efficiency and conservation procedures;
- Prepare energy audit reports and follow up on implementation of recommendations;
- Develop and maintain records of accredited energy auditors;
- Prepare timely and accurate reports on regulation compliance, inspection and implementation of energy efficiency and conservation projects;
- Evaluate the viability of energy efficiency and conservation projects for financing purposes and advice the Commission appropriately;
- Work with stakeholders to ensure that demand side management and energy efficiency are made an integral part of the RE sub-sector strategies; and
- Supervise staff including, inter alia, completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans, in accordance with the established performance management system.
Qualifications for the Energy Efficiency Manager Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or physical sciences from a recognized university;
- Ascribe to the code of conduct for Engineers and /or Energy Managers;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience, of which two (2) years must be in Management/Senior level;
- Practical knowledge of energy efficiency and conservation.
Other Mandatory Requirements and Information for All Positions
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
- To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
- Be of high standards of integrity;
- Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages;
- Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.
All applicants’ will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and provide:
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and 5) Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The Commission will offer attractive salaries and benefits to the selected candidates who can look forward to a rewarding career in a professionally run organization.
The successful candidate for the position of Head of Internal Audit & Risk shall be engaged on a three year contract, renewable based on performance. The other vacancies will be filled on permanent and pensionable terms of service.
ERC is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants and persons living with disability and possess the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
For more details of the job and person specifications, please visit the commission’s website www.erc.go.ke or our website www.acal.co.ke.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) Riverside Drive, Victoria Office Suites Opp. Sameer Investment Ltd P.O Box 20382-00100 Nairobi, KENYA
Applications to be emailed to: [email protected], or hand delivered and inserted in the recruitment box at Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) offices.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 15th May 2017 by 4:00pm