Senior Financial Analyst Jobs at The Energy Regulatory Commission
Ref. No ERC/SFA/01
The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006. The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
Reporting to the Manager, Pricing & Competition, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring regulated utilities on financial viability, and ensuring that they provide sustainable, quality, reliable and cost effective energy products and services to consumers.
Financial Analyst Job Key Responsibilities
- Analyzing statutory trading arrangements including electric power purchase agreements, network service contracts, petroleum refining, storage and pipeline transportation contracts;
- Monitoring and evaluating financial performance of regulated utilities;
- Coordinating the development and review of regulatory accounting regulations and tariff codes;
- Calculate monthly petroleum pump prices and ensure publication of the same in the print media every 15th day of each month;
- Coordinate the setting, review, adjustment, and investigation on implementation of electricity tariffs and structure;
- Coordinate computation of pass through costs i.e. FCC, FERFA & Inflation adjustments; and Prepare position papers, briefs and reports.
Qualifications for the Financial Analyst Job
- A Masters degree in Finance, Business Administration or Economics;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, or Business Administration from a recognized university;
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience preferably in the energy sector, of which one (1) year must be in Management/Senior level;
- Sound analytical skills; and
- Professional Accounting Qualification i.e. CPA or ACCA
Other Mandatory Requirements and Information for All Positions
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
- To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
- Be of high standards of integrity;
- Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages;
- Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.
All applicants’ will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and provide:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and 5) Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The Commission will offer attractive salaries and benefits to the selected candidates who can look forward to a rewarding career in a professionally run organization.
The successful candidate for the position of Head of Internal Audit & Risk shall be engaged on a three year contract, renewable based on performance. The other vacancies will be filled on permanent and pensionable terms of service.
ERC is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants and persons living with disability and possess the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
For more details of the job and person specifications, please visit the commission’s website www.erc.go.ke or our website www.acal.co.ke.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) Riverside Drive, Victoria Office Suites Opp. Sameer Investment Ltd P.O Box 20382-00100 Nairobi, KENYA
Applications to be emailed to: [email protected], or hand delivered and inserted in the recruitment box at Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) offices.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 15th May 2017 by 4:00pm