National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation (NWCPC) is a State Corporation established under the State Corporations Act Chapter 446 of the Laws of Kenya vide Legal Notice 270 of 24th June, 1988.
The Corporation is under the Ministry of Water & Irrigation and home to exciting, inspirational and innovative professionals within the Water Sector in Kenya.
The Corporation recognizes the key role played by its human resource in the execution of its mandate and achievement of set goals and objectives in the development of water infrastructure in the country.
The Corporation offers exciting and challenging career opportunities with attractive and competitive remuneration package to its highly qualified and professional staff.
In the endeavor to execute its mandate, the Corporation is seeking to recruit a suitable, self-driven, result oriented and qualified individual of high integrity to fill in the following position:
Job Title: Engineer II
Grade / Scale: NWC 7
Vacancy No.: NWCPC/2015-2016/05
Positions Vacant: 1
Requirements for Appointment
- Must possess a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University
- Computer proficiency
- A minimum experience of three (3) years in a similar and/or equivalent position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning, designing, construction, operation and maintenance of water projects and conservation structures or in any other relevant engineering discipline;
- Undertake projects as per the departmental work plan and complete them to the satisfaction of the supervising Engineer;
- Assist in the preparation of the specifications, contract documents and costing of various operations that go into the design, construction, operation and maintenance of water projects and conservation structures as well as in other engineering areas;
- Any other relevant duties assigned from time to time.
- The position is on permanent and pensionable terms.
- All the interested applicants must meet the requirements of Leadership and Integrity as set out in Chapter 6 of the Constitution, 2010 and should have the following:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the above mentioned requirements for any of the above positions, please send your applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certified academic/professional certificates and testimonial, names and contacts of three (3No.) referees stating your day telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address on or before Friday 11th September, 2015. The Managing Director
National Water Conservation & Pipeline Corporation
Dunga Road, Industrial Area
P. O. Box 30173 – 00100 Nairobi Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
National Water Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all Kenyans in their diversity are encouraged to apply.
Similar Jobs Below