The Water Services Regulatory Board (Wasreb) is a statutory body charged with economic and service regulation of the water services sector.
Wasreb sets rules, standards and guidelines to ensure that water services are provided in an effective and efficient manner with a view to protecting consumer interests.
To strengthen our technical team, we wish to recruit a highly motivated professional to fill the position of Engineer.
Reporting to the Inspectorate Service Manager, you will provide support in regulation of water service provision through the development and implementation of technical standards for design, construction, management, operation and maintenance of water and sewerage services.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working closely with the Inspectorate Service Manager, develop and implement technical standards for design, construction, operation and maintenance of water and sewerage services facilities and monitor compliance
• Continually review the technical standards and guidelines to ensure that they remain in compliance with the ever changing policy and legal framework
• Assess the technical aspects of the license conditions and the Service Provision Agreements (SPA) and provide the necessary technical input
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of water service institutions against the agreed indicators
• Provide inputs in the production of the annual water sector performance report on technical aspects of performance of water service institutions.
• Monitor the implementation of Non Revenue Water reduction plans by Water utilities
• Undertake water sector policy analysis and prepare relevant policy advisories
• Assess the technical viability of water service providers and provide technical input as necessary
• Any other duties assigned by management
Requirement for the position
• Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering with postgraduate qualification in water and waste engineering or equivalent. A Masters degree in Water and Waste Water Engineering will be an advantage
• Registered with the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK), Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) Membership and a current practicing license
• Work experience of at least 3 years in a busy engineering department; experience in project appraisal, development of BQs and project management is highly desirable.
• Flexibility to travel throughout the country
• Be a person of high integrity
• Desired skills and competencies include; strong management and negotiation skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, and ICT skills.
Terms & Conditions of Service: This position is Permanent & Pensionable.
How to Apply
Your application should include a cover letter that demonstrates why you are the best candidate for the position, a detailed up-to-date CV, photocopies of relevant certificates, testimonials and Chapter 6 requirements, current and expected remuneration package, names, telephone number and email addresses of three professional referees and your e-mail address and telephone number.
Applications must be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Water Service Regulatory Board and sent via email to [email protected] with only ‘ENGINEER’ as the subject line.
Closing date: Friday 23rd October, 2015 at 5.00 pm
Wasreb is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.