ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT & LEGAL OFFICER
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Enterprise Risk Management & Legal Officer. The position will be based in Kigali and reporting to the National Director.
Purpose of the position:
Together with National Office leadership this position will be responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of WV Rwanda’s Risk Management Program. The position will also offer sound legal advice to the leadership to ensure appropriate employee relations and contracts management and that WVR is compliant to legal standards of the country.
The major responsibilities include:
• Provide sound guidance and work with Senior Leadership to contribute to the development and implementation of the organization’s risk management program in a manner that fulfills the mission and strategic goals of the organization.
• Leads, facilitates, and advises all departments in assessing risks and designing risk management programs.
• Take lead in the development and implementation of systems, policies and procedures for identification, collection and analysis of risk related information in consultation with the appropriate technical staff.
• Develop and maintain an updated Risk Register to prioritize specific risks to WV Rwanda Ministry and ensure that regular monitoring of risk is carried out by the Leadership.
• Document and ensure communication of key risks to the Leadership on a Monthly basis, and determine whether risk reduction recommendations have been tracked and implemented.
• Prepare for, coordinate, organize and participate in periodic Enterprise Risk Management Committee meetings: primarily providing reports on the achievements of the Risk and Compliance function and producing the minutes of the ERM Committee meetings.
• Prepare the monthly ERM report for the National Office’s Monthly Management Report that is submitted to the Region.
• Contribute towards the maintenance of effective internal control systems in the entire World vision Rwanda office by ensuring that risk identification is embedded in the routine operating procedures of the organization
• Coordinate investigations of incidences that may result to loss of WV Rwanda assets, support the recovery of lost assets and communicate deterrent Measures; this includes working closely with both Internal and external auditors, WVR Attorney, Insurance agents, Security department etc.
• Participate in special assignments and investigations including but not limited to Tips Offs, Anonymous reports, whistle blowers, and bring it to the level of the Integrated Risk Reporting (IRR)
• Participate in activities that ensure WVR complies with donor (grant requirements) and government (statutory and legal) regulations and identify risk areas. Risks identified incorporated and updated in the risk register.
• Coordinate committees related to risk management, safety, and quality improvement.
• Advise the Leadership on any legal issue that comes up.
• Ensure that WV Rwanda (WVR) practices and processes are law compliant and advise accordingly where there are gaps.
• Support Line Managers and Leadership in the area of grievance, discipline and employee relations.
• Ensure that World Vision Rwanda conforms to the local tax laws.
• Liaise with the Labor Inspector for hiring, litigation or termination issues and advice management on this regard.
• Liaise with the Immigration Department for work permit and visa related issues and communicate the requirements to candidates and/or visitors in advance.
• Support and advise the Leadership in developing legally compliant policies, all types of contracts and employee related policies.
• Support the WVR in any legal issue either with staff or contractor liaising with organization’s lawyer
• Represent WVR in dealing with externally contracted legal firms as well as represent WVR in court whenever necessary or applicable.
• Facilitate capacity building sessions to WVR Leadership, Management, staff and implementing partners regarding Risk management including:
a) The risk management strategy
b) their respective responsibilities in carrying out the risk management program
• Train, coach and motivate line managers on legal compliance matters including their responsibility in legal compliance for the organization.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in law studies, International law studies, business management law or related field.
• Requires 5 years relevant work experience.
• Must have a clear understanding of the Labour law
• The holder of the position should have some Managerial experience
• The holder of this position must be a mature and results orientated leader who can handle sensitive information and discern risk areas of WVR and work with management to mitigate or prevent, to protect the staff, organizational image, assets and resources of the organization.
• Membership to professional bodies like Law Society, Institute of Internal Auditors, Institute of Fraud Examiners or Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Secretaries would be an added advantage
• The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 11th September 2015; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks .