Deadline For Application: 13 November 2016
Grade Level: SC8
Contract Type: Service Contract – NPP
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
Start Date: January 2017
Eligibility: Kenyan National Only
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) Representation in Kenya seeks to fill in the position of Land Programme Manager for implementation of the EU-funded project Support to the attainment of Vision 2030 through Devolved Land Reforms in Kenya (GCP/KEN/085/EC).
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Kenya, the direct technical supervision of the Head of Sector Natural Resource Management, guidance from Lead Technical Officer (LTO) and in close collaboration with other sectors in FAO Kenya office, the National NRM and Environment Officer shall undertake the following duties:
Responsibilities for the National NRM & Environment Officer Job
- Support the overall execution and management of the land programme;
- Support the identification and analysis of the major components and status of land and natural resources in the counties;
- Ensure the identification of capacity development needs of various stakeholder groups to sustainably manage natural resources;
- Ensure effective liaison with local and national authorities, key partners, and stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Mainstreaming of climate change agenda and disaster risk reduction in the land programme;
- Ensure the integration of indigenous knowledge and systems in land management;
- Development and review of work plans, budgets and procurement plans;
- Support the preparation of technical and training materials needed for the land programme or related projects;
- Support the preparation of programme periodic project reports and briefs and reviews;
- Preparing, monitoring and revising work plans, guidelines and budgets;
- Support resource mobilisation and creating linkages with related programmes at county and national level;
- Preparing operational project documents and reports;
- Represent FAO in relevant meetings and undertake any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
National NRM & Environment Officer Job Requirements
- Advanced degree in natural resource management, water, environment or related field
- 5 years of professional experience in natural resource management or environmental issues.
- 5 years of relevant experience in project management, design, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in the ASAL development and climate change adaptation or mitigation
- Good communication and reporting skills
How to Apply
- Candidates are requested to submit their application by email to email@example.com quoting the position title and vacancy announcement number.A duly completed Personal Profile Form (PPF) generated from FAO’s iRecruitment portal as a PDF-file is to be submitted by email together with a cover letter. Please note that attached resumes or CV’s in place of the PPF will not be accepted. In order to prepare a Personal Profile Form, you must first register on the FAO iRecruitment site by clicking on the following link to register.
- In order for your application to be properly evaluated, please ensure that all sections of the on-line profile are completed. Applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. This vacancy is open to both male and female candidates. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.