Agriculture Marketing Manager – 7 months contract
The Agriculture Marketing Manager will support the achievement of the project’s agro-industry and marketing objectives, principally through capacity building of staff and farmers, linkages to quality markets, and support innovations and mobile technologies. In addition, the Marketing Manager will be expected to assist with monitoring and evaluation, reporting, fundraising and representing the Agriculture Pillar at industry events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop marketing training materials and courses for staff, farmers, farmer groups and producer company members and management personnel.
- Conduct training workshops in agricultural marketing issues for project staff and project beneficiaries.
- Provide support and guidance to the General Manager to develop, review, oversee and review agriculture marketing strategy and activities related to the implementation of agriculture marketing strategy.
- Oversea the production of quality data on a timely basis for internal project management and external reporting purposes.
- Assist the project field team to establish linkages with private sector service providers and buyers for accessing new farm and in the negotiation of market contracts and MOUs with selected private sector partners.
- Identification of potential buyers in profitable value chains, exporters, retailers, food processing units.
- Provide technical support in the establishment of a marketing database to keep farmers, consumers and buyers informed of the prevailing market prices of various agro-industrial products and commodities.
- Plan and supervise the market linkage program and activities for the farmer groups and producer companies formed under the project.
- Monitor marketing program progress and provide inputs to Senior Program Manager for incorporation in the quarterly progress reports.
- Produce regular reports on market linkage work for donor and management report.
- Assist with development of proposals and other fundraising activities
- Represent Equity Group Foundation at industry events, including public speaking and networking.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in agricultural economics, marketing or business administration, or related field.
Masters in above fields will be an added advantage.
- 5-7 years international/national experience in Agri-business development, preferably in farm planning and economic analysis.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, exporters, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers or processors).
- Familiarity with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning
- Experience with community-based programming.
- Experience in small to medium scale Agri-enterprise management.
- Experience with externally funded development programs would be desirable, preferably with experience in market-oriented projects.
- Experience in dealing with local NGOs, government ministries and sector players) preferably in agriculture value chains.
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here