Environment, Health & Safety – Compliance & Enforcement Officer Jobs at The Energy Regulatory Commission
REF. No ERC/COE/01
The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006. The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
Reporting to the Environment Health & Safety, Enforcement & Compliance Manager, the successful candidates will be responsible for ensuring compliance with EHS policies, guidelines and regulations by operators in the electric power, petroleum and Renewable energy subsectors.
To accomplish this, the job holders are expected to work closely with relevant statutory bodies such as NEMA, DOSHS, ACA, NPS, KEBS and County Governments.
Compliance & Enforcement Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- Participate in the formulation of EHS policies, guidelines and regulations for the energy sector;
- Surveillance of unsafe business operations in the energy sector and undertake unscheduled inspections with the view to improving or stopping the operations;
- Provision of improvement notices or stop orders to noncompliant business undertakings in the energy sector;
- In liaison with the Legal department, assist in the preparation of charge sheets for operators/business owners arrested for noncompliance in the energy sector;
- Provision of advice on demolition of unsafe business premises in the energy sector as ordered by Court;
- Provision of advice on safe disposal of energy related products confiscated in risky business premises as ordered by Court;
- Undertake investigations of reported cases of non-compliance in the energy sector;
- Preparation of status reports on the level of compliance in the energy sector;
- Participate in intergovernmental enforcement committees and forums.
Qualifications for the Compliance & Enforcement Officer Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences from a recognized university;
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience.
Other Mandatory Requirements and Information for All Positions
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
- To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
- Be of high standards of integrity;
- Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages;
- Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.
All applicants’ will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and provide:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and 5) Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The Commission will offer attractive salaries and benefits to the selected candidates who can look forward to a rewarding career in a professionally run organization.
The successful candidate for the position of Head of Internal Audit & Risk shall be engaged on a three year contract, renewable based on performance. The other vacancies will be filled on permanent and pensionable terms of service.
ERC is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants and persons living with disability and possess the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
For more details of the job and person specifications, please visit the commission’s website www.erc.go.ke or our website www.acal.co.ke.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) Riverside Drive, Victoria Office Suites Opp. Sameer Investment Ltd P.O Box 20382-00100 Nairobi, KENYA
Applications to be emailed to: [email protected], or hand delivered and inserted in the recruitment box at Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) offices.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 15th May 2017 by 4:00pm