Ref. No ERC/PIAIS/01
The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006. The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
Reporting to the Risk and Control Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the execution of internal controls, risk management, compliance and governance audits as well as carrying out investigations and inspections.
Internal Auditor & Info Systems Job Key Responsibilities
- Carry out information systems audit, review existing internal control systems and procedures and reports for effectiveness;
- Carry out compliance audits for information systems management procedures and ensure departmental compliance to the established control framework;
- Identify auditable areas and carry out risk analysis of the Commission’s processes, including cyber security and fraud risk assessment;
- Implement policies and establish procedures covering the scope of audit;
- Carry out routine information systems audit investigations on areas identified by Management;
- Participate in the maintenance and documentation of internal audit standards, policies and practices; and
- Follow up on findings of audit reports and their recommendations to ensure adequacy and timeliness of correction or implementation.
Qualifications for the Internal Auditor & Info Systems Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, ICT or their equivalents from a recognized university;
CISA or CIA or CFE qualification is a must;
- Professional qualifications in Cyber security will be an added advantage;
- A minimum of Seven (7) years of relevant experience, two (2) years of which shall have been in management level;
- Membership in a recognized and relevant professional body;
- Sound analytical skills; and
- Must be attentive to detail and able to work under minimum supervision while at the same time maintaining high quality work standards.
Other Mandatory Requirements and Information for All Positions
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
- To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
- Be of high standards of integrity;
- Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages;
- Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.
All applicants’ will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and provide:
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); and 5) Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The Commission will offer attractive salaries and benefits to the selected candidates who can look forward to a rewarding career in a professionally run organization.
The successful candidate for the position of Head of Internal Audit & Risk shall be engaged on a three year contract, renewable based on performance. The other vacancies will be filled on permanent and pensionable terms of service.
ERC is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants and persons living with disability and possess the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
For more details of the job and person specifications, please visit the commission’s website www.erc.go.ke or our website www.acal.co.ke.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) Riverside Drive, Victoria Office Suites Opp. Sameer Investment Ltd P.O Box 20382-00100 Nairobi, KENYA
Applications to be emailed to: [email protected], or hand delivered and inserted in the recruitment box at Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) offices.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 15th May 2017 by 4:00pm