Security Officer Jobs at The Energy Regulatory Commission
Ref. No ERC/SO/01
The Energy Regulatory Commission (the Commission) is a State Corporation established under the Energy Act, 2006. The Commission is the sector regulatory agency responsible for economic and technical regulation of electric power, renewable energy and downstream petroleum sub-sectors.
Reporting to the Head of Security the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring provision of effective security services.
Security Officer Job Key Responsibilities
- Advise management on all security matters including policies and implementation strategies;
- Ensure protection of the Commission’s assets against theft, terrorism, pilferage, damage, misuse and sabotage;
- Implement security measures to ensure maximum protection of the Commission’s staff and property; Direct investigations into security breaches, potential threats and taking or recommending remedial action to protect the Commission’s interests;
- Establish and maintain linkages with law enforcement agencies to enhance security;
- Collect and analyze intelligence on current trends in crime and other security matters that could adversely affect the Commission’s operations, staff and stake holders and recommend appropriate action to management;
- Supervise outsourced security guards to ensure that services rendered meet the set standards;
- Oversee safety training and fire drills; Ensure that first aid kits in vehicles and the office premises are stocked in a timely manner; and
- Facilitate prosecution of offenders in collaboration with other agencies and the legal department.
Qualifications for the Security Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university;
- Diploma in Criminology;
- Should have attained at least the rank of Captain in the Armed Forces or Inspector in the Police Service; those from reputable security firms should have attained at least manager level;
- Demonstrated ability to win the support and cooperation of security agencies.
Other Mandatory Requirements and Information for All Positions
In addition to the skills stated above, applicants shall be expected to;
- To be excellent team players with good planning, interpersonal communication, report writing, problem solving, decision making and supervisory skills;
- Be of high standards of integrity;
- Have proficiency in computers and MS Office packages;
- Be able to communicate effectively in English & Kiswahili.
How to Apply
Applicants are further required to provide a detailed CV indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, names of at least three professional referees, education and professional certificates together with a copy of national identity card or passport.
All applicants’ will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and provide:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
The Commission will offer attractive salaries and benefits to the selected candidates who can look forward to a rewarding career in a professionally run organization.
The successful candidate for the position of Head of Internal Audit & Risk shall be engaged on a three year contract, renewable based on performance. The other vacancies will be filled on permanent and pensionable terms of service.
ERC is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants and persons living with disability and possess the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.
For more details of the job and person specifications, please visit the commission’s website www.erc.go.ke or our website www.acal.co.ke.
Applications clearly indicating job applied for should be sent to:
The Chief Executive Officer Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) Riverside Drive, Victoria Office Suites Opp. Sameer Investment Ltd P.O Box 20382-00100 Nairobi, KENYA
Applications to be emailed to: [email protected], or hand delivered and inserted in the recruitment box at Alpex Consulting Africa Ltd (ACAL) offices.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 15th May 2017 by 4:00pm